THE MAN AND THE TALKING DOG7

Frankie inhales the natural clean air, as opposed to the normal air in the yard. He walked with his hands in his pocket. Head down he looks deeply in the dirt. He never thought he would have a dog that only he can see, that proves how much life can take a toll on people. He walked on unsure of what his outcome will be.

***

They have found each other fifteen years ago, In a war against the Russians. She was the healer of the camp, he was the soldier; a sick patient half dead. They were destined to be because she didn't just see a half-dead man, she saw a man that she didn't want to stop healing. He didn't just see a healer, he saw a woman he wanted.

For two years, the campers moved until they found a stone convent with its musty room, drafty hallways, and a hard floor-like slab of ice. He would heal and join the battle again, but she was scared for him and so she influenced him to resign. He did a year later, until then they have been together.

They got married but each family wasn't welcomed, who welcomed them died in a bomb, and cash burned along with them. So they were left alone. That was when he came out in the open when citizens thought they died. They became legends to the kids, and that's why he was given the name
grandfather because he also couldn't give Lucill a child. She had been by his side, accept his faults, build a farmhouse together, and started a new life.

"Now am in this fight without you my love," He said to the air. He stops in the field and removed his hands from his pockets.

He walked over to the pipe and sat waiting for the dog.

"I see you've arrived," The voice of a five-year-old said. He couldn't tell if it was of a girl or a boy. All the air on the back of his neck stood straight and he stiffen.

"What do want from me?" He asked, staring straight ahead, afraid to look where the voice was coming from. Right next to him.

He tried so hard to focus on a lake, that was a couple of feet away. He strained his ears and relax.

"I need your help," The voice said, creepy it was, like shallow and echo. It sends shivers down his spine. A small pat on his shoulder and he jumped up but there was no one around him.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Lucill's and Frankie's background story is interesting,don't you agree?

The dog needs his help?How strange.