THE MAN AND THE TALKING DOG4

That night Lucill sat and watched her husband sleep.

"How could you lie to me, Frankie?" She whispered next to his head.
He shifts a little and she turns her head away.

Blowing out the lamp, she climbs into bed next to him. She wasn't used to him lying to her, they have been through too much for them to lie to each other.

"Maybe am just overthinking things."

"Get out!" Frankie screamed, jumping from his sleep.Lucil pulls her foot up and sat up looking around, straining her eyes. She could hear her breath, high across the room.

"Turn on the lamp."

"Why don't you turn on the lamp?" Lucill asked, sacared of even opening her eyes, which she squeeze shut, tight. Hugging herself with one arm and squeezing Frankie's shirt with the next.

"You are holding me down in the bed Lucill," Frankie whispered, struggling to remove Lucill's fingers from his shirt.

He finally removed them and quickly struck a match and lit the lamp, then he quickly flip on the light switch.

There was nothing in the room, for them to be scared of.

"What were you screaming at?!" Lucill said, throwing a pillow at his head. She gripped her nightgown and comes down off the bed, walking towards the hall.

"There is nothing there Frankie!" She shouted at him.

"I humm, I must have been dreaming." He mumbled scratching his beard, and then lying down he covers his head with the sheet.

I knew it, you would lie again

"You can't lie to me Frankie, what did you see?" She asked, walking over to him she dragged the sheet off and stood over him folding her arms.

"I saw a dog okay? A supernatural one." He whispered, She could see sweat coming out on his forehead. Which is strange, Frankie was a soldier, he was  never afraid of anything.

"You saw him in your dreams?"

"I guess so, I saw him today, wait you don't seem surprised," He said sitting up.

"I got a vision, it must have been, I guess I wrote it down and brings it to life."

"Do you know how crazy you sound?"

"There is no other explanation."

"What are you going to do? This is your job. I didn't know to marry you would make me see a walking human dog."

Lucill felt the power of his words cut deep and she turn and walked towards the hall.

Meanwhile, Frankie was hoping she wasn't that upset to sleep out there by herself.

He got up and grabbed a rifle from under the bed.

"Come back inside Lucill, am sorry, come back to bed. we'll sort it out in the morning."

"It's just that you know I didn't cause all of this and you are willingly blaming me."

"I'm sorry, come, we'll discuss this tomorrow if it comes back."

--------------------------------------------------------------
Let me know your thoughts.