THE MAN AND THE TALKING DOG6

They sat separately on a cool afternoon outside, under the almond tree.They watched with binoculars; the cows across from them on a hill, birds, and parrots on a housetop further down the road.

"It's been one week," Lucill said tiredly.

Frankie and her had been doing everything possible they could think of to stop the dog. They stayed up at night at the farm but the dog didn't show up. They laid dog poison on the farm but when they return early in the morning, there was no sign of a dead dog.

Frankie sold a few of the corns and used the money to hire three grown-ups to look out, but they return, happy for the money but without a dog.

"Maybe you just hallucinated," Lucill said, trying to calm her beating head.She had taken a couple of Panadol, over the past days, but all they do is make her Drowsy.

"If you don't know what to say, keep quiet," Frankie looks up at her and wondered if the pills are getting to her head.

How could she say that and she knows it's true?

"You may be a doctor, but you know what I saw was real, I didn't tie that phone up and I didn't catch heat stroke." He was more worried than her, he didn't have anyone to call, he couldn't think of any who would believe.

"Didn't you?"

He set the binocular aside then got up and leave her.He could see behind her confused face she was slipping into denial and it was pissing him off. He was getting angry at her, recently. He shouldn't be, but he couldn't help himself, and they were hardly ever angry at each other, not since they grow up in age.

"Where are you going?"She asked getting up and following him.

"Stay and cook dinner, invite the kids like you usually do."

"You are not avoiding me are you? you are not going to allow a dog to do this to us right? Frankie we are better than this," She said struggling to keep up with him. He stops and looks at her and all the anger melted away, after all these years, her words could break any ice.

"I'll be back ," He knew why they weren't finding the dog.

The dog only show up to him alone

--------------------------------------------------------------
Now this is getting weird.