New Home

They'd been running since the sun rose. They'd all slept peacefully, patrols having nothing to report. Everyone was awake and ready for the journey. Well, almost everyone.

Sera was nervous about reaching her new home. Mace tried to assure her everything would be fine, but she couldn't shake her fears. She was thankful for the good nights rest. No nightmares, no sudden awakening, just peaceful sleep curled up with her mate.

She was running beside him, managing to keep up. Mace was amazed at how well she was doing. They'd be able to reach home by midnight at this rate. She'd let her wolf have control, but Mace stayed as he was. Last night had been difficult, he didn't want to jeopardize the progress they'd made. He knew he'd have to tell her, and soon, but he wanted her settled in her new home first. He wanted her to trust him, and to feel safe with him, no matter what.

They were a few miles out and would arrive in the next three hours. He decided they need a break, but sent one wolf on ahead. Sera was currently splayed on the ground, enjoying the sun. He simply sat there staring, head tilted and smiling.

"I can feel you staring." her voice flitted through his mind. "Of course I'm staring, you're the most beautiful thing I've ever laid eyes on. I don't want to look away for even a second." he replied. He knew if she had been in her human form her entire face would be red. She'd probably be trying to hide her face as well.

He knew she doubted his words, he just didn't know how to make her see how beautiful she was, inside and out. He knew nothing he said could ever convince her, but he was determined to make her see. He laid beside her, nuzzling his head against hers. She timidly placed her head on his paws.

He laid his head on the back of her neck, lightly licking her ear. "What's your pack like?" she asked. She knew the rumors, but she wanted to have an open mind. Surely not all the rumors were true?

"We have some of the fiercest warriors, all of them I'd trust with my life. I do not tolerate disrespect, traitors, or fighting amongst packmates unless theres a good reason. Most of them have their own homes, but some stay in the pack house. Mainly those with pups. The older members planted a garden long ago, now there are many who help out. We run as a pack when the moon is full. Sometimes the warriors will go hunting, andif they find something good it is usually celebrated. Important matters are discussed as a pack. If a person has a problem with another, I prefer they come to me first. The scout I sent ahead will have arrived by now. A feast will be prepared where you can meet everyone. You don't have to if you don't want to, but you should know they have waited a long time for a Luna." he explained.

"I can do it. You weren't so bad." she teased. He couldn't put into words how much he adored her. In the short time they'd had together, they were rapidly growing closer. This elated him, but also terrified him. He didn't want her to close just yet. His priority was her comfort and safety.

Sorry its so short, I just wanted to post something and I couldn't think of anything else to add.