Chapter 32

the photographer finally arrives looking as tired as a slug , sweat dripping from his face , he looks about my age or maybe a older than me .his legs give him away- he is not really used to exercise .

" yooh !" he shouts standing far from us "I almost got lost, you are the River family right ?" he asks stretching out his back with his camera bag hanging by his left side .

Ashley is the first to open her mouth" yes thank you for coming young man I was starting to think that you weren't going to come , you are a bit late , are we not paying you enough " as if she has ever used her money to contribute towards anyone's Dalfi not even her very own.

" oh quit it Ashley as if you are the one paying " My dad intervenes, she looks away  clicking her tongue ,"talk about being professional " she comments

My dad shakes his head at her and shifts his focus back to the photographer ," yes we are the Rivers thank you for coming , Penuel is it? " He offers him a handshake .

" yes , thank you very much sir ,my car broke down on the way so I had to call the insurance company and call a taxi " he explains .

"don't worry about it , you are not that late " my dad assures him .

on every Dalfi we have an activity that we do collectively and take photographs. each and everyone of was has a Dalfi album which has pictures of every Dalfi we have been on , the last dalfi we attended was Stephany's and we went ice skating in Vienna ice dream.

out of every Dalfi picture I like that one the most , we were all wearing blue and white clothes which matches perfectly with the whole ice scenary , its the only photo that we all agree we look good in  .

the photograper is busy setting up his camera .

" I get to be apart of the Rivers family memories how exciting " Austin rubs his hands together smiling .

" yep and the Albums will be passed down to our generations but thats only if they decide to keep it , you know how kids are these days the only thing they care about is tiktok and I wonder what the 2070 babies will care about when they are born into societies that don't care about partaking in real activities and all , to be honest I am glad I was born in the 1990s , I feel for these kids , they don't know what life is really all bout , 'just get a million followers on tiktok and you have made it in life' " .

I went to a primary school once to motivate the kids and as I was sitting with them I got to learn that their perspective of life is very different from ours , I remember I asked who wanted to play netball with me and out of the 400 kids that were there no one raised their hand , they only raised their hands when they were asking me how many social media followers do I have , that just broke my heart it added to my hopelessness ...at that time.

"yeah , you and me both , good thing we both agree so when our kids are finally  here we will raise them in the old fashion way : no phone until you turn sixteen , no girlfriend or boyfriend until you go to college " Austin says.

I step on his leg and cover his mouth just as he is about to scream , " my family is around you can not make these kinds of jokes around them , they'll be suspicious, Ashley will be sure to come for me if she even smelled water boiling , I had to lie to get you here and my dad might be old but he is a businessman so he's not dump" I whisper into his ear ,"so cut your flirting jokes for the weekend okay ?"

his eyes are wide open from the pain and the scream he is surpressing .

I remove my hand from his mouth which is the worst mistake I have ever made , he creams at the top of his lungs and jumps up and down with the other foot ,drawing all the attention back to us .