Chapter 31

the boys are climbing ahead of us.

Ashley keeps asking me dump questions about Austin , if I am not wrong she is going to try sneaking into his room tonight , her interest in him seems to be getting bigger by every answer I give to her questions .

" are you sure he is single ?, That just doesn't make any sense to me?" she keeps throwing the questions.

" I don't know do you want to ask him? " I say through gritted teeth clearly starting to get irritated.

"nope but I will surely get him by the end of tonight he is just too fine to be overlooked" she says licking her lips .

" I don't think he is that type "

" have you met me?" she smirks seductively.

"want to bet on it ?" , I have no idea why I have the sudden urge to challenge her on that part it's not like Austin and I are a thing.

" I am always up for a challenge , what do I get ?" 

" I don't know , my car maybe " I shrug , she has always wanted my car ever since the day  she saw it on the newspapers , Ethan got it for me as a gift for our  3 year anniversary , all the publishing companies were there , and just like always I was forced to act like the happiest women in the world even though he bought me the car I hate with my whole life, I don't like Ferrari's or just any two sitter car .

he knew I hated it that's why he bought it.

" well in that case be ready to hand over the keys to me by tomorrow morning " she says with attitude.

"But what if I win ?" I ask .

" You know I'm not as privileged as you so I don't have much to offer , but you can ask me anything you want , like my shoes ,bags , etc " .

" What if what I want is not something that's physical ?" .

" Then I'll be more than happy to give it to you " .

Caitlyn on the other hand is busy checking her phone , " earth to Katie" I snap my fingers in her face .

she puts it in her pockets , " I was just checking up with Diane , I just hope everything is running well , to be honest I don't really trust her,theres just this element that she possess and I can't figure out what exactly it is, last month we lost about 100 mugs , when I asked her and Milos they denied it but something tells me it was her  , what if she steals my stock or worse , my Money ?" .

Ashely yawns , " why would you hire somebody you don't trust ?and not only that but leave her to take care of your business ?, I am not business minded but even I wouldn't do something as stupid as that, your dad made the worst mistake by entrusting your moms baby to you , ".

Caitlyn just looks at her and then at me , " as I was saying my dear sister , I think I should ask Milos to watch her for me " .

" good idea ".

Caitlyn and I fall into a conversation  about the world's economy which Ashely is barely interested in , I don't know how we ended up talking about babies, Caitlyn is the only lucky person who has the chance of bringing a life into this world, I can talk about them all I want but my fate is such that I won't be able to have one of my own .

" boys are cuter , girls look a bit mushy when they are about 3 months old , nothing about them impresses me " she says

"okay fine lets ask Austin , Austin!!!" she calls out to him , they all stop and look back , we walk up to them , " which gender is cuter when they are barely 6 months old ?" 

he grins at me like he knows what my preference is ," girls " he answers .

"told you " I turn to Caitylyn .

" ah what ?,you just made me lose ,I thought we agreed , have you forgotten about the credits ?"

he covers his mouth with his fist ," oh I am so sorry , I promise I'll do better next time " he falls at her feet .

"what credits ?"Ashely Asks.

"don't worry about it , I am sure you wouldn't get it even if we explained " Caitlyn replies .

" why are you saying that as if I am dump ".

" your words ".

" Ohhh !" we all react to Caitlyn's clapback .

"Caitlyn honey , please play nice ".

" It's fine uncle, you know we always play this game ,I'll get her back 10 times better and that's a promise".she smirks.

Caitlyn shivers ," my, I am so scared right now " .

" Had I known I was going to be watching love and hip hop I would've at least brought some pop corn" Austin comments .

"It's usually better not to interfere in their conversations otherwise their focus will be on you " I whisper to KAM .

" Oh well in that case let's just keep our eyes on the hill we are already there " he grabs Caitlyn's hand and whispers something in her ears as we continue climbing.

we  arrive at the top , it's been barely ten minutes and Collen cannot wait to get back down .

" where did you get Austin ? , I am bored AF and it is all Austin's fault , they haven't stopped talking about gas prices and statics about.... gas , my ears are bleeding , and after that they started talking about books , moments like these make me miss Ethan , he only talks work in the office not outside".

" Actually Austin is better than Ethan , you last saw him 5 years ago , he has changed now , more boring than grandpa" I assure him .

" whatever can we go back to the beach house?, all I want to do is swim and relax my muscles"

" quit whining, the photographer will be here any moment , we will have to edit my sisters in the photos since they decided they didn't want to come and instead came up with silly excuses " dad says .

we all scatter , I walk over to the edge to look at the beautiful forest view , creation is beautiful , I wonder what was in God's mind when he was forming the earth , the trees , grass , oceans , everything he made is just too perfect for me to believe the science theory about how the world came about.

although everything is fine know I can't help but process how shitty my life has been for the past years , I never thought I'd see the day when I actually smile for real and appreciate being alive. 

I look back at Austin who is standing with Ashley and Collen , Ashley's hands are all over Austin , he is trying to act like he doesn't mind but I see the look on his face , he sees me and instanly removes Ashley's hands from his shoulder , Dad and caitlyn are standing on their far left laughting about whatever it is they are laughing about.

I turn back around and continue appreciating this beauty in front of me .

in less then a minute I smell Austin's ocean scent  , " hey ".

" hey " I respond with folded arms , " what are you thinking about?" he asks .

"nothing ".

" the look you just gave me doesn't say 'nothing' "

" what look ?" .

" I don't know like you have a storm of emotions whirling up in you ?" .

I look straight at him taking the topic out of subject, " are you trying to say I have feelings for you?" 

" are you confessing ?" he whispers.

"actually ,yes " I play along or Maybe I'm not playing I don't know ," ever since that day we met I can't get my mind off of you ".

"Every part of me wishes it was real. Ouch that kind of hurt , don't toy with my feelings like that " he looks straight ahead taking in the beauty of creation with intense concentration.