Chapter 16

on my way back home I stop by Caitlyn's coffee shop, I'm unsure on whether I should tell her about the whole Sarah saga or if I should wait and see how this whole thing plays out before I worry her for no reason.

" hey !" she lightens up as I walk in , two ladies on the table at my right smile at me like we are mutual , I grin back at them and shift my focus back to Caitlyn as I approach her counter , " why didn't you call me , I would've made you dinner or something " she wraps me in a tight embrace ..

" no , its fine I'm not hungry " I respond .

" nonsense , I'll make you a sandwicth " .

" no really it's fine Caitlyn , I'm fine "

" oh kay " she says hesitantly ," is there something wrong? you don't look like your normal...." 

" I'm absolutely fine , I just came by for some coffee , I already ate no need to worry and I don't look like my normal self because I am tired Sis , I've been on my feet the whole day I just want to get home and rest " I force a smile that reaches the eyes.

" oh okay , I was almost worried for a sec , I'll make you the coffee right away "

if I  tell Caitlyn she will tell me how stupid it was of me to allow something like that and probably try to talk me out of it and at this point there's nothing I can really do , any interference in their relationship will make my life worse , they are already not pleased with me - anything I do from here onwards might trigger them .

about an hour later, Caitlyn and I are chatting about sister stuff , I keep bringing up different topics to pass the time  , I don't want to go home anytime soon , the thought of what those two are doing together is what's eating my insides .

"time flies doesn't it ? , dad is having his DALFI next month , is Ethan coming this time ?" .

I shrug " I don't think he will , he has never attended, what would cause the sudden change of heart ?, I'll just have to come up with another believable lie to tell dad " 

The DALFI is a tradition that's been in our family for years , when a person has a birthday coming up they have to host a Dalfi , the whole family gathers for that weekend and spend time at that person's choice of place , mine is coming up in 6 months time ,I can't wait I was thinking of choosing Rome but I'll see if anything changes  .

a week after dad's Dalfi is my anniversary, I just wonder if Ethan will host a grand party this year as he always does just to add salt to my wounds , I doubt that he will because Sarah will be there watching him this time around, although she says she is accepting of the situation I don't think she'll allow her lover to touch another woman in public .

" but for how long will you keep this up ? 

"  for as long as I can " I lift up from the chair , I have to leave before she starts with her lectures " I will get going now , I will see you tomorrow if Ethan sends me for his Coffee"  .

She sighs "you're running away again,fine ,go , see you tomorrow then , take care of yourself " .

we hug each other goodbye and I make my way straight home .

I can hear the loud music coming from the house a few kilometres away , "cheers to another sleepless night"  .

I try to open the door silently which is very stupid of me because the music is already loud and to my misfortune they are dancing in the living room still half naked I doubt they had a bath, ' last time I checked the water was still running ' I mutter under my breath .

I try to sneak past them but Ethan notices me and switches off the music ," welcome home Fatty " he says clearly trying to get me agitated but I gracely greet him back , he knows how much I hate it when someone calls me fat , I know I'm not exactly thin but I don't like to be addressed by that name when I have my own name , I've always had this issue growing up , when someone would call me fat I'd end up abstaining from food for more than a week and when I finally start eating  I tend eat three times more than I normally do .

" how was work without me ? , hopefully you didn't break anything did you ?"

" no not at all " 

" goodnight to the both of you have a lovely night " I excuse myself , " oh we will !" I hear Sarah shouting from downstairs , now I'm asking myself the same question that Caitlyn did ' how long will I put up with this ?'

The next morning ......I bump heads with Sarah as I exit my room , " oww!" she screams .

I look at her from head to toe .....she is wearing scrubs ?.

" where are..... you " she puts her hand over my lips grinning wickedly .

" I am a trainee , you found me at the greenside hospital , understood?"

''but  I ...."

" understood?!" she shouts at me causing my intestines to twist ,I had already told myself I'm not getting involved in their lives whatever they reveal and hide to each other is their business not mine.

I nod " sure " .

" great so please go and make my breakfast I am already running late " .

I don't know why she scares me more than Ethan does , I'm literally shaking , the way she grinned at me just sets my alarms off , at least Ethan is happy now but something just doesn't feel right ,this whole thing might prove to be more disastrous than I thought.

I rush downstairs to make them breakfast , " and who is the other plate  for ?" she asks .

" Ethan " .

" he has already left for work " she responds clicking away on her phone

"I'll just give it to him when I get to work then " 

something forces me to ask , " so where are you going ?" .

she whispers " to work " she leans in on the table still smiling wickedly .