Hiding

Me and Kyrie were dating but we'd somehow managed to go a whole weekend without talking to each other and it was my fault. I was the sick one with a weak body and too many allergies,I was allergic to my own sweat!
I had four best friends: Shekinah, Saturn,Ju Young and Imaani. They knew everything about me but some nagging feeling in the pits of my stomach had kept me from telling them about Kyrie-then again,it could just be the motion sickness.

I'd spent that week avoiding him like a plague,I wouldn't walk near his class or his friends,wouldn't be seen dead even looking in the direction of his class but when he grabbed my wrist and pulled me into his chest,there was no more hiding. "You ain't texted me." He accused and I looked up at him,the proximity was intimidating so I took a step back and tried to remember what he'd said. I didn't like feeling nervous, especially around boys but my nerves just weren't taking my bull with him. "Ahha yeah I-got busy..."
"The whole weekend?"
My arm felt itchy and I wasn't boutta look like a crack addict having withdrawal symptoms scratching myself Infront of him- I wouldn't.
Don't let nobody know that you been sick,they finna start trippin.
My momma's words kept replaying in my mind and I swear I saw her giving me the stink eye.
"You're not talking now?" He seemed hurt,the bright brown of his eyes had turned dull and he'd stepped away from me. "Kyrie, I can't tell you what was happening-not yet...it's complicated and I don't want nobody else knowing about it" I reached out for him but he took another step back, "it's fine Mel- I thought relationships were about trust but you clearly don't trust me so- I don't know. Angazi but we'll talk" he ran over to his friends and I was left standing there, uncomfortable and miserable because I'd made my boyfriend upset.
I hoped nobody saw us,guys like him shouldn't be seen hanging around with girls like me.
Ragdolls like me.

Kyrie speaks Zulu. His character was inspired by a Zulu guy in my life and it's only right that he's Zulu too.