The worst pairing

"Hey mom? Can you fly me to school today? I was flying yesterday and crashed, so Im giving my palisman a few days to heal" Tara asked.

"No can do! Im meeting a friend for brunch" Mindy said.

"How will I get to school then?" Tara asked.

"Walk for all I care, anyways, i've got to go! Bye bye now!" Mindy said, getting on her staff and flying off.

"I'll take you sis, dont worry" Y/N said.

"Thanks" Tara said.

Time skip

|Mindy's POV|

I arrived at brunch, looking for my friend when I heard footsteps behind me.

"Mindaline!" A voice said behind me.

"Well hello, old friend" I said, turning around.

"Hello to you too! Wow, its been a while hasnt it?" She asked.

"It has! Last time we saw each other was middle school right?" I asked.

"Has it really been that long?" She asked.

"It seems it has!, anyways, hows that crush of yours been doing?" I winked.

"Oh the usual, got married, had 3 kids" She said.

"Oh wow! Wasnt expecting that haha" I said.

"Haha! Anyways, how have you been? How is your husband? Your kids?" She asked.

"Unfortunately we lost Reagen a while ago, b- but my kids have been good! Its been hard raising them without a father, since he died when my son was 3 and a half and my daughter was about 1, but they've beem handling it well" I explained.

"Truly sorry to hear that, so, what track do your kids study?" She asked.

"My son, Y/N, couldnt make up his mind what he wanted for a long time, but now hes taking up beast-keeping! Which is..... meh.... at least hes good at something, and my daughter, Tara, has been studying the plant track, what about yours?" I asked.

"We usually try to keep things in the family, the twins are studying oracle magic like me, and my youngest is taking abominations like her father, but she wants to join the empororers coven one day!" She explained.

"Thats splendid! So which school are they going to?" I asked.

"They're going to hexside, like us!" She said.

"Wonderful! We just got them enrolled into hexside a few weeks ago!" I said.

"Fantastic! Hey maybe they'll even be friends!" She said.

"That'd be lovely, Odalia" I said.

|Y/N's POV|

"Thank you for that wonderful demonstration Y/N! You may take a seat" Ms. Fangmire said.

I walked back to my seat and sat down.

"That was awesome!" Hunter whispered.

"I know, guess im naturally gifted" I said, earning a laugh.

I looked over and we made eye contact, we both blushed and looked away before it could get anymore awkward.

*BELL NOISES*

"Alright class, I'll see you after lunch!" Ms. Fangmire said, dismissing us.

I got up and walked out of the classroom, hunter caught up to me and we walked together to the lunch room, we finally got there and sat next to luz, amity, gus, and willow who were already there.