New ground

"Come on Y/N! your going to be late for your first day at hexside!" My mother, Mindy called out.

"Coming!" I groaned.
"Ugh, why do I have to where this ridiculous uniform?"

"I think it looks quite nice! You on the other hand...... meh" Mom said.

"Thank you mother, that really makes me feel better" I said.

"Oh quit whining, come along now, lets not be late, oh wait, wheres your sister?" Mom asked.

"Coming mother!" My sister, Tara said.

Tara grabbed her staff and her palisman awoke, she jumped on and waved goodbye before flying off.

"*sigh* its a shame you dont have your palisman yet" Mom said.

"Do you have to bring that up EVERY TIME tara uses hers?" I asked.

"No, but, shes younger than you, you should've gotten your palisman a long time ago" Mom said.

"Well with you switching my school every month, I never got the chance to get my own!" I said.

"Well," Mom said, getting on her staff.
"I couldnt just LET you get bad grades could I?"

"Mom," I said, getting on the staff behind her.
"My grades are going to stay the same no matter what school I go to, plus, I never get put in the right track to study, im bad at everything!"

"No, you could never make a decision," Mom said as the staff started flying towards the school.
"Therefore, you got put into a random track, meaning there are still many others for you to try out"
"You know, you get your indecisiveness from your dads friend, Eda, she never even joined a coven! I should've never let her near you when you were younger"

"Who cares? now shes gets to use every kind of magic! Well, that was, until the petrification ceremony last month" I said.

"Exactly, so, we dont want to end up like her now do we?" Mom asked.

"Theres nothing wrong with ms. Eda!" I said.

"Yes thats what your father thought too" Mom said.

"Could we.... not.... talk about dad?" I asked.

"Hmm, you know I have to endure the pain of losing him too, I can talk about him all I want!" Mom said.

"Please stop mom" I said.

"Why?" Mom asked.

"Because....... because you dont want me making a scene the first day of school do you?" I asked.

".... I suppose not" Mom said.

We flew in silence for the rest of the trip.

"Alright, we're here" Mom said, landing next to the school.

"Bye mom" I said, hopping off the staff and walking towards the door.

I walked through the door and looked around at the map of the school, trying to find the office of one "principle bump" when, I ran into someone.

I fell to the floor and their notes and books went flying over the floor.

"Oh my- I am so sorry" I said, looking up at the purple-haired girl I ran into.

"Oh no, its fine I should've watched where I was going" The girl said.

"Here let me help you" I said as I started picking up some of the papers and books for her.

"Thank you" She said.
"Are you new here? I dont think I've seen you around"

"Yeah, this is my first day, speaking of which, do you know where principle bumps office is?" I asked.

"Its just down that way to the left!" The girl said.
"Hey, if you dont know which track to join, we'd be happy to have another classmate in the abomination track!"

"Abomination track, got it, and thank you, oh and sorry again about the books" I said.

"No worries" The girl said.

The girl turned away and went to what I assume was the abomination track, and I ran down to the principals office and stepped in.

"Do that again and its detention, you got it human?" Bump asked.

"My name is luz! And, fine, it wont happen again" Luz said.

"Good" Bump said.

Bump looked down at his papers and luz stuck her tounge out at him before standing up, giving me a smile and walking out.

"Uhh... principal bump?" I asked.

"Hmm? Oh yes! Y/N L/N! Please, take a seat" Bump said.
"So, have you decided on a track to take?"

"Not really.... but I have met someone! They said I should try the abomination track?"

"Splendid!" Bump said.

All of a sudden a ring of light appeared around me and scanned me from top to bottom, next thing I knew my clothes were purple and black.

"The colors of the abomination! Arent they wonderful?" Bump asked.

"Uhh... yeah" I said.

Bump gave me a stack of books and pointed me in the direction of the abomination track, I stepped inside the room and sat down next to the purple-haired girl from before, and that luz girl from the office sitting on the other side of me.

"You're lucky you get to sit next to her" Luz whispered.

"AHHH! O- oh its you! Sorry, you scared me, and uhh- w- why is that?" I asked.

"Well me and her are dating, so obviously I see her as THE BEST, which, I dont see how anyone COULDNT, anyways, stupid teacher wont let us sit next to each other because of it" Luz explained.

"Oh..... w- whats her name again?" I asked.

"Amity blight" Amity said out of no where.

"AHHHH" I screamed, falling out of my chair.

Amity giggled and helped me back up off the ground.

"Wow, you sure do get scared easily dont you?" Luz asked me.

"Shut up" I said.

"Alright class, please get your abominations ready, today we are going to be experimenting with different commands you could- oh! Well it appears we have a new student!" The teahcer said.

"H- hi" I said.

"Hmmm... Y/N L/N, was it?" The teacher asked.

"Y- yes sir" I said.

"L/N?!" Luz and amity yelled out at the same time.

"Quiet down!" The teacher yelled.
"Anyways, welcome to class, ahem* as I was saying, today we are going to be learning about controlling..."

"Do you know someone named Eda Clawthorne?" Luz asked.

"Y- yeah why?" I asked.

"..... meet us after school, in the greenhouse" Amity said.

_________________________________________

Hello!😁 here is chapter 1! If your here im assuming your a fan of the owl house since well.... thats the entire story..... but anyways! I hope you enjoy!
Also please excuse my grammar/spelling mistakes im just dumb😅

✏️This chapter has been updated to reflect my recent A/N✏️