20

"Cal come here," I shout to the 14 year old.
"Coming dad," I hear him yell. I see Dom and Cam walk in the front door.
"Where have you two been?" I ask angry.
"He needed some help with the pack so I went with him," Dom tells me like I should know this.
"Well I just got a call from school that some kids in his grade are bullying and making fun of him."
"Well maybe if he wasn't like 4 grades ahead he wouldn't get made fun of," Cam tells me just as angry.
"I get that your mad the he's in the same grade as you, but you only have a few months left. You're 18 and an alpha. You should be protecting him," I yell frustrated. We all stop talking when Cal emerges.
"Hey, what's this I hear about you getting made fun of?"
"They just laugh. Not mean. Think I funny," He tells me with a smile, causing my heart to hurt.
"Well from now on if anyone laughs at you you let us know okay?" Dom instructs the naive boy.
"K," He says, still smiling.
'Dom please talk to Cam. We promised we'd protect Cal," I link to Dom.
Dom grabs Cam's arm and pulls him into his room.
"Are you ready for supper?" I ask Cal who nods excitedly.
"We're having your favorite. Popcorn shrimp." He starts to giggle and sits down at the table. I place all the plates down right as Dom and Cam join us. Dom smiles at me signaling he got the point across.
"Hey Cal. Why don't you hang out with me tomorrow at school," He suggest. The fourteen year old nods excitedly at the offer. I smile at Cam who just smiles and rolls his eyes.
"Supper's delicious, baby," Dom says after taking a few bites. I smile and mutter a quick thanks.
"Cam how have you alpha duties been?" I ask him.
"They've been good, Natalie's been helping a bunch." I smile at the mention of his beta and mate.
"Well how are things with Natalie?"
"They are great. We've always gotten along. I think I'm going to move into the alpha suite." I smile at the mention of our old home. We had to move out 14 years ago when Cal was born.
"I move too?" Cal asks me.
"No you get to stay with me and daddy," Dom answers him. I thought that would make Cal sad, but he just smiles brightly. He's always been a daddy's boy.
"So what do you think you're going to do after graduation?" I ask Cal.
"I go back to school again. Then again,"
"Okay," I tell him knowing it's not likely to keep repeating senior year.
'Dom, Kyler, Please come quick. We have a rogue on the boarders," Eli links us.
'Can't you just throw him in the cellars?'
'That's not going to work. Just come to the backyard.'
"Cam watch Cal, we need to talk to Eli." He agrees and we hurry to the yard.
"What's going on?" I ask as we see Peter hugging a crying Natalie and Eli guarding an alpha rogue.
"This rogue is Natalie's mate," Eli grits out having an obvious hatred towards rogues. The rogue tries to escape Eli to get to his distressed mate.
"Let him go," I command, surprising Dom and Eli.
"He doesn't look dangerous. He just wants his mate," I say sympathetically. Eli reluctantly lets the alpha go and he runs over and hugs his mate.
"He's free to roam, but he will be watched. Given he's an alpha, I figure he won't be staying long. If Natalie leaves with him, you should train Tyler to take over the beta role." They all nod as Natalie looks at me appreciatively.
"We'll fill Cam in, have a good night," Dom says before we walk back to our house not far from the alpha suite.
"Hey Cam. Natalie just found her mate and he's an alpha. It's probable that she'll leave with him. So Tyler might be tagging along to watch what Natalie does. And if you see Natalie's mate, be nice to him. The pack looks to you on how to act and treat strangers," I inform him. He nods in understanding.
"I'm happy for her. All she ever talks about is how she couldn't wait to find her mate. Hopefully she'll finally shut up about it," He jokes. Since she is only a few months younger than Cam, they've always been like siblings.
"I watch?" Cal asks.
"You don't have to, but if you want to I'm sure Cam would show you some stuff," I volunteer for Cam.
"That fun," He says with excited wide eyes.
"Cal you about ready for bed?" Dom asks. He nods.
"We'll be in to say goodnight," I tell him as we turn to talk to Cam.
"I'm going to watch some TV in my room," He informs us.
"I hope everything works out at school," I whisper to Dom.
"I talked to Cam. He'll look out for him." I nod and put all of the plates and silverware into the sink. I grab Dom's hand and pull him into the bedroom.
"Are we about to fuck?" He jokes in my ear.
"No, I want to cuddle. We still have to say goodnight to Cal," I tell him as we change into our joggers, both of us deciding against shirts. Dom knocks on Cal's door and opens it when we hear a quiet come in.
"Goodnight Cal, Love you," We both say, sticking our heads in. We do the same to Cam before walking back to our room. I slide in the bed and look at Dom.
"Dom. Come here. Now," I demand. He chuckles and gets in the bed behind me, spooning me. I grab his hand and hold it tightly.
"I love you Dom. Goodnight," I whisper.
"Goodnight baby," He says back.