Chapter 17

'wakey wakey' someone whispered close to my ears and I got the smell of sambar.

As I opened my eyes akash stood there holding a plate and smiling widely.

'wait, did you just say wakey, wakey' I said laughing clutching my stomach.

'who are you and what have you done to my grumps' I asked trying to look at his eyes.

'you happened!' he said scratching his head.

'how's your tummy pain'

'better now'
...........................

Akash, I didn't know an arrogant man like him had such a soft side to him. He was such a gentle man except for his grumpiness. Well it's his grumpy side that I fell in love. I know I had a lot of second thoughts about this marriage but I'm glad it worked out. I don't know when I fell for him, but I think it gradually happened.

Akash was my grumps, my teddy and much more. I don't think I could survive a day without bickering with him. And talking about all the kisses he steals from me, yes you heard it right, everyday before he goes to work and after he comes back from work, he kisses me. I was too shy to respond and I bet he knows how much he affects me. Because each time he looks at my face there's a proud smirk on his face.

'hey grumps, do you know about DL Constructions?' I asked as I flipped through my files.

'yeah? Why?' he asked while looking at his phone.

'I'm working on a case against them so wanted to know a bit about their background'

'what? You working against them?' he asked shocked.

'why? Is that bad?'

'shravani, don't, back out of it this instance, do you know they have connections with the mafia' he said walking towards me.

'oh don't worry about me, I'm just doing my job'

'minion, listen to me, you are going to back out'

'I can't! Akash this is a golden chance for me to prove my worth'

'you have many chances to prove that,  don't play with them'

'grumps you told me you wouldn't  intefere with my career'

'yes minion I did, but I won't let you play with fire'

And then we had a massive argument and he said he won't talk to me until I back out.

He didn't even talk to me during dinner. Grumps has serious anger issues. I miss him. Why can't he just talk to me. Egoistic arrogant piece of urghh.

'Grumps aren't you going to talk to me'

He didn't even spare me a glance. After he washed his plate, he helped me clean up the kitchen and went out to the balcony. Yes he helps with the household chores and sometimes even cuts vegetables for me. Power of shravani. Well it's good that he listens to me at times. But right now, I didn't know how to calm him down.

Come on shravani, think of someway to win him back. I'll go mad if he doesn't talk to me. Yes that's how much I love that idiot.

I went to the balcony and found him  staring at the sky.

Without thinking twice I hugged him from behind, he stiffened. ' Grumps don't be mad at me, I promise I'll be careful, and it's not even a big case, pretty please'

'what ever you do, I can't stay mad at you shravani, I don't know why but you bring out a rare side of me' he said turning around. 'just promise you won't do anything reckless and just keep me updated with what ever that happens, okay?' he said holding me by my waist. A cool breeze blew and goosebumps erupted all over my body. With the moonlight shining on him, he looked so gorgeous, my heart was hammering against my chest and I tiptoped and put my hands around his neck making him bend now. Looking at his eyes I pressed my lips on his. Without even thinking twice he immediately responded to my kiss. The funniest part was that neither of us didn't know how to kiss, but we still managed to do something.

We broke it off and i covered my face with my hands giggling. Omg shravani what did you do.

'it's getting cold, I'm going to sleep' I said running off to the room.

Shrvau you idiot, you just poked a sleeping lion and now the lion is going to pounce on you. Eew when did you become this stupid. Lion, pounce what utter nonsense. Shut up amd sleep. I kept arguing with myself.

'shravani where are you running?' I heard him say in teasing voice.

Before I could jump onto the bed he pulled me on to his chest. 'I was expecting more, minion, you disappointed me' he said drawing circles on my waist. He looked at me intensely, that all of sudden I felt like I couldn't breathe.

'I.. I.., we should sleep'

'we.. Have better things to do that sleep' he said winking at me.

I guess my face would have looked like a tomato, I felt my face getting heated up.

'you pervert, let me go' I said struggling to get out of his firm grip.

'pervert? You or me?' he asked while placing his head on my shoulders and his beard was tickling me. I felt some weird sensations like feelings that I have never felt. It was weird but it felt good,the goosebumps and the butterflies in my stomach.

'shravani..' he said in a husky voice and kissed my neck. ' you make me feel things that I've never felt'

And then he suddenly carried me. Omg Omg he is going to.. Are we going to. I was panicking. I sure did love him but I didn't know if I was ready to do anything physical. What should I do. He didn't break any eye contact with me. Yes he is my husband, but I want to make sure that he loves me before I give myself to him. I just don't want to lose myself just like that. I think this is the most intimate way of showing love to each other. I still don't know what he feels towards me. I know he is caring, he pampers me and all, but I want to know if he really loves me. I still remember the words he told me before marriage that he doesn't believe in love.

He gently placed me on the bed and removed his t-shirt. He tossed it a side and held my hands. 'as much I want to continue this, I respect you, I saw that slight discomfort in you and I understood you weren't ready, so don't worry, sleep well' he said kissing my forehead.

His words melted me, he is such a gem. And he then he slept beside me and pulled me to a hug. I could feel his skin, his warmth, but only one sentence was running in my head 'I respect you' that words calmed me down and we slept just like that, lost in our own thoughts.

I sprinkled a little bit of romance in this chapter. Hope you guys liked it😂😂😂