Chapter 4

That night, sevitha prepared a mouth watering dinner. She always believed that a good meal is the key to make a man happy. She was a bit nervous too, but still she'll manage. Deepak was surprised when he saw the different varieties of dishes lying on the table, all his favorite dishes were there and there was no keerai today. He was a shocked, his mother always made sure there was keerai everyday and he hated it. Today was the first time in history that there was no keerai. Anyways he was happy, he gobbled up the food and he was full. After having some fruits, they were seated in the living room, talking about their day to day activities. That's when lokesh cleared his throat and told him about the alliance. At first, deepak laughed, thinking it was a joke, but when he looked at his parents, he understood that they were serious. His expression changed, and sevitha squeezed lokesh's hand. His face reddened.

'Amma, how many times do I have to tell you no!' deepak barked.

His parents never got upset when he yelled as it was the way he was.

'but thambi, you are already getting old and besides I already gave my word to the girls family' lokesh interjected.

'what? Dad? How could you? You should have asked me! OK now you are going to call them right away and cancel this nonsense' deepak said angrily.

'look here son, its time you put your madness away, this is my friends family and I've seen them growing up with my eyes, the children are gems'

'thambi, karthika is such a well behaved girl and believe me she is the perfect match for you' sevitha said.

'amma no one can be perfect for me! I really don't want to get married!'

'what is this nonsense you are 32! At this rate we will never be able to find a girl for you!' lokesh yelled angrily.

'atleast, once look at her, talk to her and then decide, please da, do this one thing for your amma' sevitha added trying to show the sadness.

Deepak knew there was no way he could escape this, but to give in to his parents.

'fine!' he huffed angrily and left to his room.

The couple gave each other highfives happily. Their plan worked after all.

Meanwhile at keshavs house

Shravani was seated on the small swing in the balcony and she looked at the moon. She thought about herself, when would she find her Prince charming. She wanted to have a love marriage someday, her Prince should shower her with lots of love. And then they'll have many kids. She smiled at the thought of kids running around her. She loved kids, maybe twins and triplets,lots and lots of them. What would her Prince say? Where are you prince? When are you going to meet me? She looked at the moon whispering. She wanted to travel with him, go on trips and then after that kids. She was crazy. She didn't want to just marry some unknown guy. Her man should be of her choice. She didn't care about his looks, only about his character, he should be kind, humble and a good man. A man who would understand and love her for who she is ,she wished she would find someone who would look beyond her flaws, but sadly it was rare in indian families. Maybe she should marry a foreigner. She thought chucking and wiping away the stray tears.

Tapping her head slightly, she went to bed. That night she had a weird dream, an unknown man, locking her up in some dark room, the only words she heard was ' you are trapped'. The next morning she brushed away the thought of the dream and got back to business.

Today she was running late for work and her brothers had already left to work, and now her only option was her scooty. She hated driving in the morning as there was a lot of traffic in the Peak hours. Today seems like a bad day for her. Hitting her head she scolded herself for waking up late. Quickly her mother fed her some dosa and chutney and Shravani pecked her mom's cheek and left for work.

Work went okay, she didn't have any cases today but she had to fill up some affidavits.

Shravani s pov

I had nice chat with my typist Mrs krishnan and my junior yadhav. Mrs krishnan was teasing yadhav, seems like Mr nerd has a small crush on Anita. Anita was also a nerd, she worked for Senior Agarwal. Hope she likes him back, poor guy deserves to be loved.

Today turned out to be a good day. After work, I started my journey back home, only to stop my scooty on the way as I received a call from my mother. She wanted some food coloring, and I said ill get it. You see, we don't have any maids at home. We ladies manage all the household work. On the way I found this sweet shop and decided to hop in, not only for the coloring but also to get some palgova. Yummy I loved palgova. After taking my time to happily enjoy the treat, I walked towards my scooty carrying my helmet. As I was trying to put the helmet, I heard a crash, to see some idiot driving a suv had knocked my baby. The side mirror was completely gone.

Yelling at that idiot I tried to lift my scooty. ' you blind idiot!' that idiot slowly opened his car screen, and I came to face none other than Mr akash tripathi.

'you! Are you crazy? Can't you see where you are going?' I shouted at him.

He removed his glasses to look at me,

'minion is that scooty yours , I'm sorry it was my mistake ' he said.

I was shocked wait,this man knew how to apologise.

'ill drop you off and I'll get some to fix your scooty ' he said opening his door and scanning my scooty. He even helped me lift it. I just stood there staring at him as he made some calls and ordered to take my scooty to a mechanic shop. Wait I didn't know this man was this nice.

I looked at him and said 'thank you but I'll manage ,I'll take a bus '

'no it's my fault I'll drop you.' he said quickly opening the door for me.

I didn't want to be rude so I got in. That's when I noticed he was playing some soft melody songs that I loved. Whenever I heard my fav songs I get into the whole vibe.

'mr tripathi , I didn't expect you to do that for me ,I .. thought.. ' I swallowed my own spit afraid to continue. I shouldn't have judged him ,but his that gesture and being this close to him gave me a fluttering feel in my stomach and I felt goosebumps.

' you thought I would just leave you there ,' he said smiling. His smile just made him more attractive and I couldn't help but blush. 'my parents have raised me better minion'

Yes they have,I thought in my mind.i cursed myself to have judged him that quickly.

He dropped me at my house and i thanked him ,he smiled and left. Well that was nice, stop shravu ,you are like little teenage girl having a crush. Crush? Nope. I found him attractive,liar don't forget that his eyes were captivating and magnet. My inner voice laughed at me.

Laughing I went into find my family in chaos. Apparently atharv and parthiv had got into a wresting match and they had punched each other,to only be stopped by father. what will I do without this happiness.

So how is our tiny fire ball? Cute isn't she? Don't forget to leave your feedback! Keep voting and commenting!