26.

LILITH and Finnick were walking a bit away from Katniss, Boggs, Gale and Haymitch. Katniss was going to give her speech and hopefully, it would go well.

Lilith didn't think so.

"How do you think this is going to go down?" she whispered to Finnick.

"Not good."

She saw Katniss walk further into the tunnel and turn, "This os Katniss Everdeen speaking to all of the loyalists from the heart of District 2."

A shout came and she turned, "Survivors inbound!"

The horn of the train blew and Boggs ran up to Katniss, "We've got to get you back."

The train earned and they prepared themselves. Gun's raised they waited for the people to get off. Shouts rang out, soldiers telling the survivors to drop their weapons and get on the ground."

A man approached the group with a gun in his hand, "Put it down," Boggs ordered, "Drop it! Drop your weapon. You! Drop it. Drop the gun."

Gunshots rang out and they ducked.

"Stop!" Katniss yelled.

"Hold your fire!" Boggs ordered.

Lilith glanced at Finnick and they both sighed before they began advancing towards where Katniss knelt, "He needs help!"

Suddenly, a gun was pointed at the base of Katniss' neck and the man gripped her tightly.

"Drop it!"

Lilith quietly took the butterfly knife from her boot and waited in anticipation, "Give me one reason why I shouldn't shoot you," he asked.

"I can't," Katniss whispered, "I guess that's the problem, isn't it? We blew up your mine. You burned my District to the ground. We have every reason to want to kill each other. So if you want to kill me, do it. Make Snow happy. I'm tired of killing his slaves for him."

"I'm not his slave."

"I am," Katniss replied, "That's why I killed Cato. And he killed Thresh. And Thresh killed Clove."

Lilith recognised the names. They were of the people in Katniss' games, children who believed they would win but ultimately ended up dead.

"It just goes around and around. And who wins? Always Snow. I am done being a piece in his game. District 12, District 2, we have no fight. Except for the one the Capitol gave us. Why are you fighting the rebels? You're neighbours. You're family."

The man dropped the gun and it clattered to the ground. Katniss stood, "These people are not your enemy. We all have one enemy and that's Snow. He corrupts everyone and everything. He turns the best of us against each other. Stop killing for him. Tonight, turn your weapons to the Capitol. Turn your weapons to Snow."

A person quickly stood and fired his gun. The bullets hit Katniss and she dropped.

Lilith quickly let the knife fly and it landed in the middle of his forehead. More shots were fired and they quickly grabbed Katniss and left.

☾☾☾☾☾☾

A few days later Johanna and Lilith walked towards Katniss' bed hospital bed and pulled the curtain.

The girl jumped in surprise.

"Well, there she is," Johanna said, "The Mockingjay. Oh, that speech you gave! Oh man, feel." Johanna took a seat on her bed while Lilith remained standing, "I mean I still have goosebumps," Johanna plucked the IV from the girl's arm and Lilith let out a laugh.

"You can't do that Jo."

"Well, I'm doing it. You don't mind, do you? They cut off my supply of morphine. There's this head doctor that comes in and sees me every day trying to help me adjust to reality."

Lilith sighed. Johanna had taken the Capitol capture badly. Lilith tried comforting her. She, Jackson and Finnick saw her every day and they took her out of the medical wing but Johanna never really seemed to be the same.

"Like some - some guy from this rabbit's warren actually knows anything about my reality," Johanna spoke scornfully as she tapped the IV bag.

She sighed, "At least 20 times in a session he tells me that I'm totally safe. Safe from the Capitol. Safe from Snow. What about you Mockingjay, you feel totally safe?"

"Till I got shot."

"Oh, please. The bullet didn't even touch you," Lilith scoffed, "Cinna saw to that. Of course, your costume would be bulletproof."

"So what are your injuries?" Johanna looked her over.

"Bruised ribs, bruised lung."

"I'm surprised that haven't found you a new lung. I mean I've got two. Do you want one of mine? I mean it's everybody's job to keep you alive," Johanna replied.

"Is that why you two hate me?"

"Partly. You're also a little hard to swallow," Lilith shrugged.

"Yeah, the whole tacky romance drama, and the defender of the hopeless act - even though it's not an act - which makes it even more unbearable."

"Feel free to take any of this personally," Lilith spoke.

"One of you should have been the Mockingjay. Nobody has to tell either of you what to say."

"Yeah but nobody likes us as much as you," Lilith replied.

Johanna grabbed a golden picture frame off of the bedside table and looked at it, "They're afraid of you." Katniss said.

"Maybe here but at the Capitol, you're the only thing that they're scared of," Johanna responded. She placed the picture down and looked at the things beside it.

"It's just stuff my family brought," Katniss explained. Lilith looked over Johanna's shoulder as she opened the locket in her hand. Inside had pictures of Prim, Gale and a man Lilith assumed was Katniss' father.

Johanna glanced at Katniss and placed the locket back down before touching a small pearl, "That's from Peeta, isn't it? He gave it to you on the beach," Lilith admired it.

"Yeah."

Johanna scoffed, "They messed us up, pretty good, didn't they?"

Author's Note

Hello, lovelies. Please read my other books if you like Klaus Mikaelson, Steve Rogers or Reborn stories. Please follow my Pinterest (which is in the banner below) as I post all my aesthetics there.

Anyway, thank you for reading.