18.

LILITH sat on the golden sand under a tree with the others. Finnick sat next to her with his arm wrapped around her shoulder. She played with the golden bracelet on his wrist as they discussed possible tributes left.

"So besides Brutus and Enobaria, who's left?" Katniss asked. Lilith shuffled around in her spot underneath Finnick's arm.

"Maybe Chaff. Just those three," Peeta answered.

"They know they're outnumbered I doubt they'll attack again. We're safe here on the beach." Finnick said.

"So what do we do? We hunt 'em down?" Jackson asked.

A girl screamed in the distance and they looked up, "Katniss help me!"

"Prim!" Katniss got up quickly, "Prim! Prim!"

"No! Katniss! Katniss, wait!" Finnick dashed after her and they all got up to follow.

They could hear Katniss shouting for Prim and Finnick ran up to her.

"Katniss. You okay?"

"Finnick!" Lilith's voice echoed through the forest.

He looked around for her worriedly, "Finnick! No! It's not her.!

"Lily!" He ran towards the sound and Katniss followed, "Lily! Lily!"

"Finnick! It's not her," Katniss panted as she caught up, "It's just a jabberjay. It's not her."

"Well how do you think they got that sound. Jabberjays copy," Finnick replied.

"Katniss!" A male voice yelled.

"Gale." Katniss whispered. The Jabberjays flew around them and the two started running away as they pecked at their bodies.

Lilith saw the two coming towards them and the barrier they were behind. Finnick was shouting for her and she tried to comfort him as Peeta did the same with Katniss.

"It's okay! It's okay! They're not real. They're just mutts," Lilith tried. Finnick held his head as they pecked at his body. Eventually, they went away and the barrier let up.

"It's okay. It's over. They're gone. I'm right here," she pulled him into her and held him tightly, "I'm fine," She parted from him and he stared blankly at the ground, "You okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'm fine." Lilith sighed taking his hand in hers and pressing a kiss to it.

"Your fiance's right," Johanna said directed to Katniss, "The whole country loves your sister. If they tortured her or did anything to her, forget the districts there would be a riot in the damn Capitol."

Katniss calmed, "Hey how does that sound Snow?" Johanna shouted into the sky, "What if we... What if we set your backyard on fire? You know you can't put everybody in here," she looked back at them, "What? They can't hurt me. I have no one left that I love." Lilith sighed and hugged the girl.

"We'll get you guys some water," she said as she pulled back from the hug. The two walked away to find water. When they found it the group went back to the beach. Finnick stuck his trident in the sand and sat in the water.

Lilith sighed and took off her harness, resting it next to it and wading in. She sat next to him, "What's the matter?"

"It was you. The Jabberjays, they copied you. And I thought that in my rush to help Katniss that they had gotten to you. And I hated myself so much because I couldn't save you," he said.

Lilith just sighed and rested her head on his shoulder. They sat in silence for a moment before Finnick spoke up, "Marry me."

"What?"

"Marry me. If we're going to die I want to die knowing that you were my wife." He turned to look at her and took her hands in his.

Lilith nodded, "Yes." Finnick smiled and took the gold bangle from his wrist.

"Lilith I give you this as a token of my love. In sickness and in health. For richer and for poorer. I will stand by you in everything," he placed it on her wrist, "I love you."

"I love you too," When she kissed his lips, all else faded away and the two were completely absorbed in each other. It didn't matter what their position was, or that they weren't officially married; to them, they were husband and wife.

Author's Note
Hello, lovelies. Please read my other books if you like Klaus Mikaelson or Steve Rogers. Please also follow my Pinterest (which is in the banner 👇) to see all my upcoming book covers and aesthetics.

Anyway thank you for reading.

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.