06.

THE next morning as Lilith's eyes peeled open she noticed the heat of the arena and groaned. The arena had changed once again and the water was gone. In the distance, there was a volcano with trees surrounding it and Lilith sighed in annoyance as it looked active.

She took a look around and found that there were no more packs and all the food that was provided the day before was gone. She dug through her pack and found a few rolls, so she kept them hidden.

Lilith gripped her katanas tightly and attached them to a harness to keep them behind her. Cassandra and Orion were grumbling in irritation as they gathered their weapons to look around the tiny island.

"There's nothing," Cassandra spoke in disbelief.

"Come on let's look inside," Orion said tugging at her jacket.

The three walked inside the cornucopia and in a small dish held a small white pill. Lilith picked it up and inspected it.

"It's just a pill," She said, "There's nothing here. Let's see if we can find any other tributes or food." They rifled through their packs and came up with small food items and each had a syringe with a golden liquid.

The food they had collected yesterday was going to diminish quickly and the food that was in the cornucopia had been picked up by the gamemakers.

Cassandra and Orion walked out whilst Lilith lingered back and slipped the item into a small pocket in her pack. She quickly caught up with them and they trudged around the now dry and dusty land.

Hours later, the three were unsuccessful in finding either people or food. Lilith was once again facing the massive volcano, that they were quite close to, the sunset over it. She was annoyed by how the Gamemakers were playing the tributes by changing the arena overnight. As the sun officially left and Lilith's eyes drooped the ground rumbled and shook violently.

Lilith got to her feet quickly and looked over at the volcano that looked about ready to erupt. It exploded red lava and the destructive substance trickled, slowly almost, down the side of it before the ground rumbled once more. It came towards them faster and Lilith pulled her stuff over her shoulder and took off in the next direction, Cassandra and Orion following behind her.

☾☾☾☾☾☾

As the lava hardened Lilith stood bending over to catch her breath. Cassandra was behind her.

"Where's Orion?"

"I thought he was with you," Lilith replied.

The silent forest around the two girls was disrupted by the Capitol anthem. Lilith looked up when she heard Cassandra choke out a sob. Orion's blank face stared back at her from the sky and she winced. She awkwardly patted Cassandra's shoulder then walked in the other direction and climbing up a tree. Isaac's face was also in the sky.

"Do you not feel anything," Cassandra cried.

"Me? Oh. No, should I? Emotions are hard so I don't really like to think about it," Lilith replied.

As the anthem was about to finish Lilith caught sight of a skull with crossbones in the shape of an X. She screamed in anger and ripped open her pack. She got out the syringe and scowled at it. She contemplated whether it would kill her or help her with whatever was going to happen next. She shook her head and stabbed it into her arm before passing out.

Authors Note
Hello, lovelies. Please read my other books if you like Klaus Mikaelson or Steve Rogers. Please also follow my Pinterest (which is in the banner 👇) to see all upcoming book covers and aesthetics.

Anyway, thank you for reading