Beau Rivage

I must have fallen asleep because, before I knew, I opened my eyes and we were still driving, Alice bopping her head to whatever music was playing on the radio.

"I'm walking on sunshine," Alice sang with the lady on the radio, "Whoaaa" her light voice hit all the notes as she looked at me from the side and smiled.

Her hand quickly moved from the wheel tp the radio and turned the music down.

"Goodmorning! Even with my driving, it's probably gonna take at least 1 more hour to get to Biloxi. And that's me using shortcuts and pushing 100 whenever I can." She said seriously, her perfect eyebrows pushing together in a kind of frustration.

"Once we got off the plane," Alice started, and I jumped awake.

"We were on a plane?" I excalimed.

"Yeah, we were. You slept through it, I had to carry you." Emmett responds from the backseat with a chuckled.

Alice smiled at me and continued, "Once we got off the plane, I bought this baby," She patted the steering wheel, "but we still were halfway across Mississippi, and partnered with morning traffic. Everyone's on their morning commute." Her face broke into a frown, and my heart cracked to see her perfect face in such a sad state.

"So, where have you seen your vision in Biloxi?" I asked, desperate to know any kind of gameplan.

"A hotel called Margaritaville, are you familiar?" Alice asked, her eyes still trained on the road.

Yes, I was familiar. My family used to take me there a lot as a kid just for little trips.

"Yeah, I am." I said, and sat up straighter in my seat.

"It's too dangerous to stay in the hotel, we're staying a few down in the Beau Rivage." She said, glancing back at me and smiling.

"We're gonna stay there for a day or two and then if Victoria or James, maybe both, show up, then we'll go fight them and I'll call someone to come pick you up."

"But what about you guys?" I asked, I would hate it if either of them got hurt trying to fend off a sadistic, obsessive, tracker vampire.

"I'm hurt that you think we can't handle one or two vampires, Y/N." Emmett chimes in from the backseat.

"Okay, as long as you two are gonna be fine." I say, still unsure.

Alice smiles, but then seems to remember something.

"Here, I know it's your favorite." Alice reaches behind her and Emmett hands her a few books.

She handed them to me, and I took a look. The Selection.

"Thank you so much, Alice. I'd love having time to reread these." I smiled, again, and felt my face get somewhat warm by the gesture.

Alice laughed, her wind-chime laugh, and then moved to turn the music up again.

●●●

Alice made a sudden turn, and I looked up from my book. We were turning into a tall, very tall, hotel with the words, Beau Rivage in Golden lettering at the top.

I had passed this place many times, enough to know and recognize it. Alice was all but smiling as she and Emmett swiftly got out of the car and pulled me with them.

The man that assisted us at the front desk looked surprised to see that we had no luggage, but still gave us our keycard and sent us on our way.

As we walked through, however fast it was, the smoke of the casino reached me.

Alice turned another corner, her hand grasping mine, and Emmett pressed the up button on the elevator.

"You got us a suite?" I asked as Alice pressed the keyboard onto the secluded door.

"Yes, well, there will be three of us." Alice says, opening the door to reveal a very big room.

Emmett immideatly ran in, found a bedroom, and jumped on the bed.

Alice led me to the same bedroom, and sat me down on the bed.

"Get some proper rest, I'm ordering a lot of room service. You haven't eaten."

I nodded, trying to get under the blankets as Emmett got off.

"Here," Alice said, and in a rush of air she was back with a stack of books.

The Selection, and some others that looked intriguing.

"Here are these to read, but please get some sleep." Alice bent down and kissed my forehead, leaving the room after.

I closed my eyes, trying desperate to fight sleep as I turned. Despite my efforts, I started to drift into sleep, my mind tensed with worry.

A/N im SORRY FOR THE SHORT CHAPTWR IT WILL BE LONGER NEXT TIME I SWEAR