1111. - 1125.

Chapter 1111. - Bone Burial Site

Darkness surged. Even the concept of time seemed to have stealthily faded away in the lightless bottom of the Dragon Transformation Pool.

At a certain spot within this darkness was a figure covered in thick layers of black viscous water. The water was like sludge and tightly wrapped around the figure such that one was barely able to see the silhouette of a human within.

Endless black energy continued to pour in from all around, yet the interior of the sludge remained completely still.

Ch.

This silent infusion continued for an unknown amount of time until a certain moment when the sludge finally trembled all of a sudden. A pair of flickering black eyes appeared within it.

"Aih."

Lin Dong opened his eyes as he let out a soft sigh in his heart. He should have already been in this Dragon Transformation Pool for over half a month. Unfortunately, ever since his bones were reconstructed and transformed into top grade Dragon Bones, the Dragon Bones within his body continued to remain at the top grade level regardless of how much energy he absorbed from this Dragon Transformation Pool. He was clearly still unable to reach that so called Ancient Dragon Bone level.

"No wonder the Ancient Dragon Bone is so rare in the Dragon tribe..." Lin Dong bitterly smiled. He finally understood just how difficult it was for the Ancient Dragon Bone to appear. No wonder only an individual like elder Qing Zhi possessed it.

"I believe... this Ancient Dragon Bone is not something that one can gain by simply absorbing the energy within the Dragon Transformation Pool." Yan's opinion sounded while Lin Dong felt a little helpless.

The former had been paying attention to Lin Dong's transformation during this period of time. By relying on the overbearing Devouring Power of the Devouring Ancestral Symbol, Lin Dong was able to swallow the energy within the Dragon Transformation Pool like a whale. However, other than Lin Dong's metal like black bones becoming darker, there were no other changes. Clearly, the reason was not because he had absorbed an insufficient amount of energy.

"Oh? Have you discovered something?" Lin Dong gradually calmed down and inquired in his mind. Yan was after all an old fox and there were many aspects in which Lin Dong could not compare to him.

"According to what the Dragon tribe has said, the experts who successfully managed to obtain the Ancient Dragon Bone did not know exactly what happened in that moment when they obtained the Dragon Bone. Moreover, I am also not very familiar with the so called Dragon Bone of the Dragon tribe...

Yan's tone was flat. He paused for a moment before continuing, "However, my master back then had once seen this Ancient Dragon Transformation Pool. Back then, he said that true strength was not simply the strength of one's physical body."

"Not simply the strength of one's physical body?" Lin Dong frowned slightly and mused for a moment. The words of the Symbol Ancestor were not overly deep. Besides training one's physical body, there was another path, Mental Energy.

Could it be that one not only required a powerful physical body but also a certain level of Mental Energy in order to obtain this Ancient Dragon Bone?

"I am uncertain." Yan hesitated for a moment before replying.

Lin Dong nodded. He was quiet for a long time before he suddenly gritted his teeth. A thought passed through his mind and a sliver of Mental Energy surged out from his Niwan Palace.

Sizzle sizzle!

However, the surrounding black pool water surged over the moment this wisp of Mental Energy was emitted. Traces of black energy adhered to it and a ear-piercing sound was emitted.