♥︎ Thirty one ♥︎

I was sitting in the bathroom stall crying the I heard someone coming so I tried to stop the tears.

"Mackenzie? It's Nessa." I stood up and opened the stall door, and hugged her.

"I don't wanna be here." I said trying to stop crying.

"What's going on?" Nessa asked as we pulled out of the hug. I explained everything to her.  "I would be really pissed if that happened to me." She said, I nodded.

"Do you have a shirt I can change into?" I said looking in the bathroom mirror, she nodded. She went to her locker and came back with a cute oversized sweatshirt

 She went to her locker and came back with a cute oversized sweatshirt

"Thank you." I said as I took of Joshes sweatshirt and put on Nessas. "Should I give this back to him?" I asked looking at Nessa.

"I don't know, if you want." Nessa shrugged, and we walked out of the bathroom and back to class.

"Here's your sweatshirt." I said as I put the sweatshirt on Joshes desk.

"Uh thanks." He said trying not to look at me. "Umm Kenz.. wait nevermind." Josh said shaking his head, I just sat down.

"For this weeks assignment we will be working in pairs, which I have already assigned. The project will be to create a poster of showing yours and your partner's personality." The teacher said and I sighed, this is literally like a kindergarten project.

"Avani and Nessa will be a partnership, Jaden and Vinnie another and Mackenzie and Josh." The teacher finally said after saying every other student before us. I put my head on my desk and took a deep breath.

"Of course." I said to Avani as she walked by my desk. She laughed a little and I rolled my eyes.

"Sooo..." josh said fidgeting with his pencil. "Our personalities... Uh what do you think." Josh continued.

"I don't know." I said putting my head on my desk.

"Kenz, are you okay." Josh asked putting his hand on my back. To be honest it felt really nice.

"What do you think? I still can't get over the fact you kissed Charli then literally said 'see it hurts' or something dumb like that, and the way Avani has been distant lately, I can't stop thinking about the fact that I might never be yours again and I now have a headache." I said looking up at Josh then putting my head back down.

"Mackenzie I'm so sorry If I-"

"Sorry isn't gonna change anything. We shouldn't even be talking about this now we are at school." I said. It was silent for a while then the bell rang.

|lunch|

I was walking with Nessa to lunch because I couldn't find Avani, and I wasn't going to walk with Jaden or Josh.

"Did you bring a lunch?" Nessa asked me once we sat down. I shook my head.

"I haven't really been hungry lately." I responded looking down. Then Josh, Jaden and Avani all came to the table.

"Hey guys." Avani said trying to start conversation. "How's everyone?" She asked taking a bite of her sushi.

"I've been better." Jaden responded because no one else did.

"How about you Josh?" Avani asked smiling trying to make things less uncomfortable.

"Um well considering the girl who I would do anything for broke up with me... I'm doing fine I guess." Josh said looking at me.

"It's not like I wanted to break up with you." I said under my breath.

"What Kenz?" Avani asked confused.

"I am actually so in love with Josh that when he kissed Charli it felt like my whole world had burned down like my heart truly hurts. And not only have I lost my boyfriend I've lost three of my best friends." After saying that my head started hurting even more.

"Three?" Jaden questioned looking at back and fourth between everyone at the table.

"Yeah. You, Charli and Avani. Nevermind." I said putting my head on the table and closing my eyes.

"Wait what?! Kenz you didn't lose me." Avani said getting defensive.

"Or me." Jaden added.

"Ok whatever." I said closing my eyes again. Then lunch was over so I groaned and stood up and went to my next class.

|end of day|

I was at my locker and Jaden, Josh, Avani and Charli all came to my locker, honestly I was scared.

"Yeah?" I asked confused looking at all of them.

"Look this whole situation has become too much." Jaden said looking me in the eyes. "We should go to the football field or something to talk." Jaden added looking away from me and to everyone else.

We all walked to the football field and sat in the middle of the field.

"Ok let me talk first" Jaden said, "I'm sorry to all of you. Josh sorry for breaking bro code and kissing your girl. Avani I'm sorry for pulling you into this drama, Kenz I'm sorry for kissing you and ruining yours and Joshes relationship and Charli, I'm sorry for everything, for messing up and ruining any chance I had with you." We all just sat there nodding.

"Wait can I talk now?" Charli asked breaking the silence, we all nodded once again. "Ok Mackenzie, what said was wrong and it was honestly childish and it's kinda my fault that you and Josh broke up and I feel Terrible."

"Yeah Kenz I don't know what I was thinking kissing Charli, it was like kissing my younger sister." Josh said we all laughed a little.

"You just made this so weird Josh." Avani said laughing.

"I know you guys wanna try to make everything good between us all again but I'm sorry reality check it's not that easy." I said standing up and walking to my car. As I was sitting in my car I heard a knock on my window.

"Can I get in?" I saw Josh standing outside so I let him in.

"Josh I've never felt like this before." I started to tear up. "I don't know why it hurts so bad. Josh reached over a hugged me.

(Idk if I should continue this story I might just start a new one but idk)