fourteen

Do I still love Emily? I stare at Felix, shocked by his question. My mind races to find an answer. Of course I do. Felix might be the love of my "other" life, but Emily was the love of this one. You can't just erase that.

Felix notices my stare and rushes to fix the problem.

"No, no, no. Not like- not like that. Like-" he sighs and runs a hand through his hair, frustrated at himself. "I'm not trying to-" Felix groans aloud and looks down at the couch, scrunching his face up.

"What I meant was, if you could see her again, would you want to? Do you still, you know, want her to come back?" I give Felix a pissed off look and he grabs his hair, his expression almost comical.

"Oh, fuck it," he mutters. "I can't even talk right." Felix looks up at me and sighs. He runs his hand through his hair one more time and opens his mouth when we hear knocking at the door. 

Felix rolls his eyes. "You have got to kidding me," he groans as he gets up and goes to open the door. I almost see who is there, but Felix glances back at me worriedly before moving to block my view entirely. 

I sigh, aggravated. I don't need protecting. I'm tempted to stand up and confront whoever is outside Felix's door when I hear the person raise their voice.

"It's already over, Lee! Just let her go!" I see Felix's hand tighten on the doorframe before he responds.

"No. I have two days left. You don't get to change the rules now." I hear a mocking laugh and Felix jerks back. 

"You must have the wrong impression, then. I'm the devil's son; I do what I want." It's weird; the stranger's voice has an accent similar to Felix's. 

I shake my head and try to focus. Details like that don't really matter. I look at Felix's body language; it's obvious from the way he's standing that he's angry. He's also standing in such a way that you can't see me from outside. What he is trying to protect me from?

"Okay? So what, Christopher?" Felix emphasizes the name like a curse. "I'm a literal angel. The fuck you think you could do?" I hear another laugh come from the stranger.

"Were. You were a literal angel. Then you fell in love. Pity she won't feel the same in time." Felix is practically vibrating in anger at this point. He lets go of the doorframe but doesn't move from his spot. He seems to be physically restraining himself. What does he have to lose?

"Are you done?" Felix spits out. I grimace; I would hate to be on the receiving end of that comment. 

"Sure," the other man says. "But I'll be back." After a moment, Felix shuts the door, coming very close to slamming it entirely. For a second, he just leans against the door, his eyes closed. His breaths are coming quickly; both of his hands are balled into tight fists. 

I watch him, not sure what to do. Standing, I make my way to him. Once I'm in front of him, he opens his eyes and watches me. Neither of us move. 

Finally, his shoulders slump and he lets out a big breath. Unclenching his hands, he moves quickly, wrapping his arms around me and leaning against me. Felix lets his head drop against my shoulder and closes his eyes, letting his body relax into mine.

"I'm sorry about what I said earlier," he whispers against my skin. "But can we just stay like this for a while? Pretend we're normal?" I nod once, letting my concern for Felix override my questions for now.

Once he got my consent (consent is always important!!), Felix grabs my hand and brings me to his room. I look around; it's different from the bedroom I remember in my old memories. It's more simple and less lived in. The other room felt cozy and happy; this one just feels like a necessity.

I follow Felix to the bed. He pulls me to him and wraps his arms around me, bringing me to his chest. He gestures for me to put my head on his shoulder, and I tentatively follow his lead, putting my hand on his chest as well. 

Breathing deeply, Felix tightens his grip on me and closes his eyes. Brushing a hand over my hair before resting it on my waist, he relaxes into the mattress.

"Goodnight, my angel." Felix pulls the blanket over both of us. I smile at him, even though he can't see it.

"Goodnight, Felix."

WHAT THE FUCK JISUNG MY INSTAGRAM REALLY CAME FOR ME TODAY