ten

Felix gestures at me to follow him and starts walking. He looks behind his shoulder every so often, checking to see if I'm still there. I'm tempted to just walk away and leave him by himself, but I can't. I'm too curious about what Jisung said, and I would be lying if I said I wasn't somewhat scared of Felix right now.

Felix finally stops in front of an apartment building. The design's similar to mine, and we ride up the elevator in silence. I sneak a glance over at Felix and instantly regret it. His entire body is rigid with tension. 

I look away from him, forcing myself to breathe. It'll be fine, I tell myself. I'll be fine.

Felix steps out into the hallway and tilts his head at me, silently telling me to walk in front of him. He pokes my side once we've reached his door and opens it with his key, pulling me inside. Locking the door back, he leans against it, crossing his arms.

I stare at him, unsure of what to do with myself. Do I sit? Cross my arms like Felix is doing? What do you do when you're in a hot guy's apartment and you're not even sure if he's human?

I decide to lean against the wall from him, mimicking his pose. Neither of us say a word. The silence is stifling, but I resist the urge to start talking. I won't break first.

After a few moments, Felix pushes off from the wall and makes his way to me. He places his left hand above my shoulder and leans in, staring into my eyes. I inhale sharply, trying to not flinch as he leans in further. Narrowing his eyes, Felix clenched his fist that was on the wall.

"I'm so pissed off at you right now," Felix says softly, his eyes never leaving mine. "It's unbelievably how angry I am. But I get it. You want to know what's up. You were always curious, so I should've known you wouldn't listen to me."

I'm flustered by his closeness, so it takes me a moment to process his words.

"'I was always curious'?" I ask, making a face. "How the hell do you know how I was?" Felix reels back as if I hit him. He rubs a hand over his face, stepping back quickly to make space between us. He mutters a curse word and goes to sit at the table a few feet away.

"I- it doesn't matter," Felix says, not looking at me. "You have questions, right? Ones that you want answered so badly that you went to Jisung." Felix emphasizes Jisung's name, his lip curling a little. It really looks like he hates his brother.

"Yeah. I did." I walk over to Felix and sit next to him. He refuses to look up at me. "And you got all offended. If you had answered my questions before, I wouldn't have gone to Jisung."

That got Felix's attention. He looks up sharply and starts to say something before biting his tongue. 

"Fine," He grits out. "Ask away." Felix gives me a fake smile that doesn't reach his eyes. Returning it, I fire off a round of questions that I didn't ask Jisung.

"Why should I stay away from Jisung? How could I see Emily? Why did you tell me to fall in love with you? How come I feel like I know you? What are you? Why do I feel like I would trust you with my life, even though I've known you for a week?"

I stop to take a breath, but Felix interrupted me, holding up a hand.

"You have way too many questions. I'll go one by one, got it?" I nod, a little put off by his attitude. 

"First of all, Jisung's dangerous. He seems all nice and bubbly, but he's done shit to me that I never want to think about again. He will hurt you, alright? It's not like he hasn't done it before." Felix murmurs the last sentence quieter than the others, so I can barely catch it. I furrow my eyebrows and open my mouth to ask about it, but Felix keeps going.

"Second, you could see Emily because I gave you my sight. If I want, I can see people who moved on to what you call heaven. I gave you that ability, and for the ten minutes you saw Emily, I didn't."

I open my mouth to ask another question, but Felix gives me a look. 

"If you want your answers, you have to let me talk. No other questions until I'm done, yeah?" I nod, a little annoyed. Felix nods and continues.

"To top it all off, what I am?" Felix scrunches his nose and looks over at me, making direct eye contact for the first time since sitting down.

"The love of your past life. I guess you could say I'm your guardian angel."

guess what? i just spent the past hour on pinterest and it's officially jisung simping hours because of this photo

guess what? i just spent the past hour on pinterest and it's officially jisung simping hours because of this photo. the power he holds-

he could literally run me over and i would thank him. that's so screwed but what i wouldn't give to hear him say my name just ONCE

okay and thanks for coming to my ted talk~