2.6: ENVY

"It's actually not that bad if I'm being honest." She said into the phone. Seth had called her to check up. He had been quite disapointed when the Cullens told him that she had went to Italy with the Volturi; not only was he sad that he wouldn't get to see his new friend again but also that she had chosen them.

"Really? Theres no moats and coffins and dungeons and bats flying overhead?" Seth joked

"Actually besides the parts of the castle that are underground it's pretty light and open. Also there is a dungeon, but no moats, coffins, or bats." She said

"That still sounds pretty creepy." He said laughing. At the sound of his laugh she started laughing too. She realized she missed him more than she thought she did. Despite only knowing him for about 2 days, she felt a real connection to him. Throughout her immortal life she hadn't really made much friends and Seth was probably the first real one she had.

"It can be. Anyways how is everyone? Bella and Edward still together? How's Billy? Oh and Carlisle. Update me on everything that's been going on." She said, despite having only been away for about five days she felt like she had been gone for years.

"Bella and Edward are still going strong as far as I can tell; their wedding is a week from now. Billy's good, he's been hanging around my mother a lot. They seem to be keeping each other happy. I haven't really been around the Cullens much but I think Carlisle is sad about your father and the fact that you left. Jacobs missing, he ran away after seeing Bella and Edward's wedding invitation, we can't seem to locate him." He said, telling her about everything "Oh, and Alice would like to know if you could possibly make it to the wedding. I told her you probably couldn't but she's forcing me to ask anyways."

"Wow, I feel like I've missed a lot. "She swallowed, in the short time she had been in Forks it really did grow on her. She could see why her father had been so fond of the small town. "Tell Alice to e-mail me a photo of the invitation, I'll see what I can do about making an escape."

"Awesome! Hopefully you can make it, I miss you a lot. The hot dogs don't taste the same without you." He laughed again

One of the reasons she enjoyed Seth's presence was the fact that he was always laughing. His smile made everyone else smile and it was impossible to be in a bad mood around him.

"Maybe you just suck at grilling them." She snorted

"If you come back we can have a competition, make Paul decide which one of us makes better dogs." He replied with a lighthearted laugh

"Vera?" Alec said quitely, standing in her door frame. He had heard her laughter and was curious as to what was making her so happy.

"I'll have you beat by a thousand points." She grinned as she waved at Alec

"You've been living with a bunch of vampires, I doubt it." She could practically hear him rolling his eyes

"Who are you talking to?" Alec asked, getting a little jealous at the fact that another man was causing such a big smile.

"We'll see, little wolf." She said as she reached for Alec's hand "I have to go now, Seth. I'll talk to you again soon, ok?"

"Bye, Vera."

"Who was that?" Alec pressed

"My friend Seth from Forks." She replied shutting off her phone

"Your friend?" He asked his voice acidic

"Yes, my friend." She rolled her eyes at his insinuation

"He seems to make you laugh quite a lot." He said crossing his arms. She blinked at his childish behavior