Chapter 47: Mirha

Mirha's pov:

Arsh and Affan came for lunch after the seminar ended around 2:30 pm. Dado was waiting in the living area, when we arrived. 

"How did it go?" Dado asked him with a smile on his way. 

"What else can we expect? He rocked as usual. One of the guest professors even took his number to see if saad wanted to do house job in his hospital, once he was done with his forth year" Arsh informed dado, who placed a hand on Saad's head with a smile. 

"Masha Allah, May Allah give you more success my son" She said and then called Hira to serve the lunch. We headed upstairs to our room to freshen up as Arsh and Affan went to a guest room. 

I changed into a thick hoodie, the weather in Islamabad was turning colder with each passing day. 

Saad's pov:

As we ate lunch, Arsh remembered the trip to Murree he couldn't join Mirha and me on.

"Why don't we plan a trip to nothern areas in winter vacations. Exams are starting from next week, It would be a fun break too after that stressful week too" he suggested and I rose an eyebrow. But the excitement on Mirha's face couldn't let me utter a single opposing word. 

"Yes, that would be nice. We haven't even gone to hike since you got married."Affan also said. 

"Okay, but only invite close friends. I don't want extra drama on the trip" I warned them, knowing very well how much Arsh enjoyed drama, he rolled his eyes in response. 

----------------

After dinner, when Mirha and I returned to our room, she quickly got ready for bed and got under the comforter even though the heater was on. Her sensitivity to cold was amusing with her excitement to go to even colder region in winter vacations. 

"You do realize that the temperature is going to be below 0 there, along with snow?" I asked getting in the bed as well. She had changed my habits to a great extent, the time I used to spend purely focusing on the books was now divided between her and the books, though I couldn't complain. She brought the happiness in my life, which was absent before her. Just being with her, make me feel at peace. Thankfully, she didn't have any issue with light while sleeping, so I could easily read while sitting on the bed beside her.

"I will wear thick clothes." she pouted, clearly not liking me warning her with the cold. A smile covered my lips, seeing her pout. 

I pulled her hair teasingly, and then picked up my book. 

"What is this book about. The covers of the books all look same, boring" I lifted my eyes from the book. 

"Its not boring." I stated.

"Yes, it is. and you still haven't replied, what is it about." She asked again. 

"It is on human behavior, how his surroundings affect him, and how he can adapt to any change he is faced with" I gave her a brief introduction of the book.

"It is boring...." She stated pulling the black till her nose. I placed the book back and focused on her.

"So, what do you want to do before sleeping?" I asked, adjusting my pillow to sit comfortably against the headboard. 

"ummm....I have massaged your hair so many times, do it for me."She asked with sparkle in her eyes. 

"Okay, come here." I bit back a smile as I told her to move right next to me. She was a bit reluctant, but moved to the mid of the bed, only at a distance of few inches from me. I could feel her body heat from this distance. 

"aaa.. I am going to sleep. No need" she whispered all ready to move back. But I kept a hand on her forehead, not letting her move. She must be feeling what I was feeling.

"No, I will do it." I told her and started massaging her forehead with one arm over her pillow and using the other one to massage her head. She stayed stiff for some minutes, but I started making small talks to her. Asking her about the classes she had next day etc. 

She relaxed soon and fell asleep with me still massaging her head. She moved her head closer to my side, turning towards me completely in her sleep. 

Maybe, it was wrong of me to manipulate her into doing things, or doing them at my pace, but I didn't feel any remorse for it. If healing her, making her enjoy life was going to mean pulling her out of her comfort zone, making her attached to me, then be it. 

On some level, I also realized that our bond was wrong, her developed attachment to me was wrong, with my feelings and her only requiring a support to heal. She was getting attached to me without even realizing it. The girl, who didn't like getting touched had started taking comfort in my closeness. I could sense the moment it started happening, even when she was totally oblivious to it herself. 

This attachment of hers was dangerous for me, if it was just that, an attachment. Because, for me, she was everything, and as much as I tried to remain friendly, I couldn't control my feeling when it came to her. With every moment I spent near her, my feelings for her had only deepened to a point , where now it seemed easier to stop living then being without her.

--------------------

Salaam readers, Here's the update❤️