Chapter 38

Saad's pov:

I went towards the sofa and picked the book,I had been planning to read. My focus kept going on Mirha,it didn't take long, before she fell asleep. She seemed a lot more calm, it felt as if she was finally free of the burden of her own suppresed feelings. I closed the book, switched off the lamp and laid down around 3 am, I had barely read a few pages in the past hours. I fell asleep soon.

Next morning, I followed my normal schedule,by the time I was all ready for the day after exercising and showering, Mirha was still sleeping. I was planning to wake her, when the alarm on her cell rang. She switched it off and got up rubbing her eyes. As soon as she saw me watching her, she quickly lowered her hands, a small smile came on my lips.

"Good morning" She mumbled before climbing out of the bed and heading towards the bathroom. I collected the things I needed for the university and then sat down as she got ready.

Mirha's pov:

He was watching my every move sitting on the sofa, it was making me nervous. Why was he watching me like that? Hair band fell on the floor, I quickly bent down to pick it up, it was the third thing I had dropped since he started watching me.

I turned towards him, getting frustrated.

" Stop staring! Its making me nervous,I won't be able to get ready in a week if you keep doing it." I told him staring at him angrily.

He raised an eyebrow, but a smile grazed his lips too. "Its not my eyes, you are just being clumsy today. Its not like I am staring at you for the first time today" my heart stopped beating for a second, what did he mean by that?So, It wasn't really my imagination all the time I had felt his eyes on me.

I turned towards the mirror and quickly did a ponytail and then grabbed my things, my focus was still on his words, I could feel a blush creeping up my cheeks.

Dado and Mr Ibraahim were already seated as we entered the dining room. I took my seat after mumbling a quite good morning.The breakfast was eaten in silence mostly.

"Let's go, Mirha" Mr Ibraahim got up from the table, seeing that I was also done with the breakfast. I was standing up, but Saad's words stopped me midway.

"She will go with me. You don't need to give her lift from now on" Saad said lifting his head from his plate.

"So, you are finally ready to be bothered by this duty ?!" Mr Ibraahim had a teasing smile on his face as did Dado, but Saad didn't say anything, he just returned to his breakfast. I sat down, frowning.

Once, he was done, we both headed outside. He opened the door for me and then headed towards the driver seat after I was seated.

"You don't need to do all this for me"I kept my eyes on my hands, as I spoke.

"I am not doing anything what I dont want to do"he said keeping his focus on the road. But I heard a slight murmur of something like "fault of betraying heart......"

"What?" I frowned looking at him, but only got a nothing in return.

As soon as Saad parked the car, Arsh and Affan were coming our way. They met us just a few steps away from our car.

They greeted us, Affan asked about how I was and Arsh turned towards Saad."That guy you have beaten from her class has rejoined today. And the news of the campus genius' wedding is already circulating as you can guess from all the stares you both are getting right now"Arsh informed and Saad only nodded, looking slightly bothered as if he couldn't be bothered with all this drama.

I looked at the time on my phone, only 10 minutes were left before my class.

"I will meet you both in the class" Saad spoke and then held my hand. He was taking me to my class." You dont n--" I was going to stop him from doing it, when he stopped me mid sentence.

"I know."He said and I quitened down, seeing students openly ogling us. He stopped right infront of my class. "I will get you once your classes are done" he left after informing. I was dumbstruck by how things were accelerating. I took my seat still in daze.

I could hear whispers about me and him, people's theory about how I seduced him or something. I just ignored it all and focused on my work. Thankfully, Rimsha's friend also just gave me a dirty stare, but didn't disturb me for the rest of the day.

My last lecture had just gotten over and I was thinking about how I hadn't informed him about which class or time I will be free watching all the students sift out of the room. "Maybe, Its better. I could just go and find him myself once the corridors are clear." I was making plans in my head when the door of the classroom opened.

Saad was coming towards, I quickly stood up. "No plans of going home? "he asked raising an eyebrow.

"You-- I haven't told you about my schedule... " I looked at him confused.

"I know your schedule. Lets go home now" He stated as if it was the most normal thing in the universe and extended his hand towards me. All these small bombs he was dropping on me was going to make me faint.

He held my hand and we headed out.........

--------------------------------------

Uski zulfen jo ik jaal thin
Uski ankhen jo ik wabaal thin
Uski zaat jo ik saraab thi
Mujhy lootny ka wo jo samaan thi
Meri zaat me na uljho tum
Yahn aks-e- yaar siwa kuch nhi
Mere naino me na dekho tum
Yahan gham e vasl k siwa kuch nhi
Mujhy lb kushai ka na kho
Mere hoton pr hrf e yaar siwa kuch nhi

________________
Salaam readers! Heres the update❤️

Eid Mubarak to everyone who has Eid today❤️