Part One

(Please read the description first so that you understand the story better. Now have fun:D)

He is the best. In everything he does. Our boss once said "everything he touches instantly turns into gold!", and it was the truth. He is my partner in crime. Not what you think. He really is just my partner in crime nothing more nothing less. He's my new partner for the missions in the agency to be precise. His name is Thomas Stanley Holland and he's the best male agent the MI6 can offer. Best of his year in the academy and as soon as he got into the agency he got a promotion and a training for professionals. I, to be fair, am the best female agent they have and I'm proud of it. I worked hard to get here and still try to improve myself with everything I do. We both got paired up because the boss said the agency needs a team with better qualities than the rest of the agents and well... because both of our partners were dead. Tom's partner didn't come back after their job in Italy because the mafia found out they don't actually work for a new mafia boss from the US and my partner got "retired" after he embarrassed himself on our last mission in Berlin where he failed to notice the sniper on the building next to us, aiming directly at his face . Before he realised and got up he was already dead in our hotel room, colouring the carpet with a dark red leaving me behind to get that son of a gun by myself.

Tom and I never really talked before but that was mostly because we were both way too busy doing our job good and he sometimes acts like a total asshole so I never really felt the need to get in touch with him. Although I have to admit that he is very good looking and super intelligent but I'm too busy for that kind of thoughts most of the time.

Time skip to your first mission together

We got a mission in London where our headquarters is located. Before we got into the mission we had a very brief chat about the weather these days and about our mission and what to do. It was a quite easy job because the boss wanted to see if we can work in a team first. Our job was to kill a rather known politician from London who recently got into mafia business and wanted to raise the taxes just so he could invest it into the drug business. Tom and I were located on the rooftop across the restaurant he had his last meal if you want to call it that. If it comes to missions I'm usually very focused and not in for a talk but it was so easy that Tonight I was pretty in for a chat. I looked to my right to see if Tom got the  gun ready and he just sat down right next to me and opened his mouth.
"So y/n, tell me why do you do this?" He looked rather amused because at this point you can say I am very perplex because of this personal question. "Why do I do what? The mission?" I look him straight into his eyes and try not look too caught off guard. "Well I meant the whole agent thing? You don't seem like a person who'd get into this kind of job just like that."Tom got a little more serious now and he seems more interested in actually getting an answer.
"If you're asking if I do this without getting forced then my answer is yes I did decide to do this on my own. And I got asked to join the MI6. They took me out of police academy and brought me here to London." A fresh breeze of wind made the both us shiver for a second and he looked at the city laying there in almost complete darkness except for the few street lights. "Oh wow Police I See! Same here I also wanted to become a police officer." My eyebrows moved up a little. I didn't expect someone like him to go for a job like a regular officer. "You're a bit overqualified for such a job I believe." I chuckled. He smiled and his cheeks puckered a bit "How would you know? We know each other for a week now and we haven't even spoken about anything besides the weather and the mission?!"
"Do you really think I'd lay on a rooftop with two loaded guns ready to shoot a politician with some one I don't know? Holland please! I took your file and made myself comfortable with your qualities and whether you do your job good. Not that I didn't know you before because everyone in the agency knows you. Maybe it's because you're best male we have right now, we'll never know right? Your headcount was 437 last year wow and you've never failed in any mission before. That's damn impressive."
"You really took my file? Wow how did you even get it out of the basement oh wait because you haven't failed any mission since 2018 right? Oh and not to forget your headcount was 322 and if that's not impressive as well then I don't know what is. Why are you giving me such a look? Dear you're not the only one who likes to stay informed about their new partners." He chuckled again and I had to laugh again. It has been a while since a partner was actually fun to talk to and not just super awkward.
We calmed down a bit and Tom told me how he got into the agency and that his family was really not happy with that decision. Suddenly he stopped. "What's wrong?" I ask but he's just frozen in his motion. He slowly puts his finger over his mouth and motions me to be quiet. In the corner of my eye I see a dark shadow hovering over the rooftop. Tom pulls out his gun and pushes me under him to the ground while loading the gun aiming only two feet behind me. A loud bang followed by another one caused by the man falling to the ground. Tom towers over me and elegantly pulls me back up in a sitting position. Everything happens so fast and when I'm sitting and finally feel like having the control over the situation again i hastily grab my own gun and throw myself to the edge of the building. Catching my breath in a matter of 3 seconds I aim at the politicians head shooting right through it a second later. Two men run out of the black car parked at the entrance of the restaurant and I crawl back to my original position while Tom is packing the stuff together. He looks at me a bit pale faced now and says " Didn't  know you could shoot that good."  I smile and grab the other backpack. Holding the door open for me like a gentleman we enter the staircase and run to the car.

We catched our breaths from running and Tom starts the engine of the Range Rover. I lay my head back and relax a bit while letting my body sink deeper into the seat. "We got a little interrupted didn't we?" I laugh out. "Kind of yeah. You were about to tell me where you live." He glances over to me. "Right it's South Kensington, Bolton gardens. Can you drop me off there. I'm so tired I think it would be good to go straight home" I say and already start yawning. "Sure it's not far from here actually that's good. I live a bit more outside I like the countryside and how quiet it is sometimes."
After he dropped me I enter and take a quick shower. Tom promised me to take all the stuff from the mission back to the headquarters and we'll take care of all the paperwork tomorrow together. I crawl into bed and for the first time in years I'm in a good mood after a mission. He makes it easier to adjust to everything I think. He is very natural and makes it easy to open up and still be calm. He's very charming and a true gentleman so how could I not like him?We actually talked a lot for almost strangers but I guess we're a pretty good team and the missions with him will be fun for sure.

Thank you for reading the first chapter/introduction of my very first story. I hope you enjoy reading it :) see you soon hopefully and I wish u a beautiful day/night or whenever you might read this.
The next chapter will follow soon 🤍