Chapter 10

I unlocked my apartment door and set my keys on the side and made my way to the bathroom to take a hot shower.

Today had been a really busy day at the bakery and not only was I tired but I was also really stressed and worried about tomorrow.

Tomorrow was my first day working as the billionaire's nanny and as a personal assistant which meant work was going to be not only harder but also time consuming, leaving me to barely have any time for myself.

I set my foot inside the hot shower which had by now steamed up the bathroom. The warm water making contact with my skin was the best feeling ever after a tiring day and my muscles instantly relaxed at the soothing feeling.

After finally deciding it was best to get out of the shower, as my fingers started wrinkling up, I changed into my pyjamas and plopped down on my bed and let out a relaxed breath.

I looked down to my necklace and wrapped my fingers around it.

"I'm going to make you proud dad" I said, smiling softly

Everything I did was to make my dad proud and that was why I had made it so far in life.

My family was perfect before my dad's death. I had a dad who always protected and made me happy and a mum who cared, or so I thought cared and loved me but turned out to betray the both of us.

She killed my dad. Right infront of me and I couldn't do anything but beg. I was helpless. I thought she was a mother who would do anything to protect her daughter and give her all the happiness in the world but mother is just a title for her that she didn't deserve. She's a nobody to me and always will be a nobody.

A mother is someone who cares and loves their child. Someone who will give you her love like no other but what did she do? torture and torment her child? put a facade for others? kill her own husband and make her daughter watch her? physically and mentally abuse her daughter?

Everyone has their ups and downs in life but all I ever wanted was to have a loving family.

Family...

Family was nothing I never got to experience, even with my grandparents. My grandparents were just like my dad, kind and tender. They also showered me with their love until they too were taken away.

What I don't know is why they suddenly disappeared and was my mum also behind this? but all I know is that I was going to find my grandparents soon.

I had hope. This feeling of hope was keeping me up on my feet because I know that one day I'm going to have a beautiful family like I always imagined.

There are many questions unanswered about my past which made me curious but one day I will find out everything and the truth, the gut feeling inside of me spoke it all.

Life has its challenges but overcoming them was hard but never impossible and I will do it for my family.

I closed my eyes and inhaled deeply, wiping of the single tear that left my eye.

I turned on my phone to set an alarm because once again I had to wake up early and get be there by 6 in the morning because it was my first day and I needed to get familiar with my work but just as I finished setting my alarm, a number from someone who I was quite nervous to talk to, had called.

Vincenzo Rossi

I have to admit, I regret lashing out on him but the anger got the best out of me. It bothered me that he didn't even try to see what I'm actually capable of and just rejected me.

Honestly, I did expect to get rejected considering this city notices wealth and not talent but this was a great opportunity that I was surely not going to give up on and I decided to prove to him that I am a perfect fit for this job.

I hesitantly pressed the green button and a deep voice spoke from the other line.

"you should be straight in my office at 6am sharp"

"right yes I'll be there on time" I spoke with a nervous tone

How does he manage to make me nervous even on a phone call?

"Good because I hate tardiness and it could cost you your job and let me warn you miss Parker that if you make even the slightest mistake, you will be fired" He began with a harsh tone "Do I make myself clear?"

"yes sir" I said quite surprised that I didn't stutter

"Good" was the last thing I heard

"Do I make myself clear miss parker?" I mocked in a deep intimidating voice

"Yes of course boss, I shall do as you say" I mocked myself but with a higher tone in my voice

I laughed and looked down at my phone again.

oh no...

"I- uh- well" I stuttered

"Were you mocking me miss parker?" The same voice spoke from the other line but with amusement present in his voice

"What no I was just-"

"Be careful bella, anything could cost you your job" He chuckled and hung up (beautiful)

Obviously, my clumsy self forgot to hang up and now he heard me mocking him. Gosh this only makes it harder for me to face him tomorrow.

I closed my eyes tightly to try and calm my very anxious self, finally placing my phone on my night stand and then closed the light.

Well lets see how tomorrow goes.

—————————————————————

a/n:

I'm sorry for not updating for like 5 days but it was my birthday in between and online school made me really busy and made me loose motivation in writing but now I'm back :)