Chapter 7

I arrived home and Gianna decided she should go home as well since we were carrying a lot of bags, by we I meant Gianna.

I was still really nervous about my Job interview that was tomorrow because I had to first make myself my resume again if I was going to be trying to get a job in a very famous industry. Though usually my resume consisted of a few lies here and there.

Did I go to a business field trip in middle school? No

Did I know how a business even runs? No

Do I know how to kill someone? yes

Am I going to fail this interview? of course

Do I want to go to sleep? definitely

You see what I mean but obviously I wasn't going to let them know that they were going to be interviewing someone who has no idea about businesses but a girl got to pay her rent somehow.

I was dreading to call today an end but I still had to get my resume ready, call the company - which I did some research about - was called the Vrossi&co where the V stands for the first inital for Vincenzo's name and Rossi was the surname and I also had to set my alarms. Alarms as in multiple as there was no way I would be able to wake up that early with just one alarm.

—————————————————————

"and done" I said at last after adding some final touches to my resume. I got to agree that I aced my resume but I also didn't know if my interview was going to be good enough seeing as there would be other people coming to the interview who do actually know something about businesses. I also already called Maria to let her know that I wouldn't be able to come tomorrow as well.

Now I had to call the company to secure my interview and get some details. I searched for the number and when I found it, I typed the number out on my phone and stared at it for a bit, mentally preparing myself before I pressed call.

"This is Vrossi&co how may I help you today?" a feminine voice spoke from the other end

"I would like to apply for the personal assistant's job"

"oh yes! the interviews are being held tomorrow. May I get your name?"

"Valerie Parker" I said trying to quickly get this conversation done with

"right I have saved your name so please come in tomorrow at 6 in the morning"

"Great thank you" I replied

"No worries, thank you for calling Vrossi&co have a good day" the other line hung up

Now that two things out of the three had been done, it was time for the last thing. Setting the alarm. Since I needed to be at the company at 6, I had to wake up really early.

4:45am - set

4:50am - set

4:55am - set

5:00am - set

Okay I should be able to wake up on time now. Just as I was about to turn off my phone I got a text from an unknown number.

Hi Valerie!
read

sorry who's this?
read

It's Nora
I'm texting from daddy's phone
read

Oh hey there Nora how are you?
read

I'm doing great
how about you?
read

I'm doing well to!
read

okay so not only is Nora really smart for a 3 year old but she can also message properly? impressive

Nora are you typing or is daddy typing for you?
read

daddy was typing for me
I just took his phone because he told me not to tell you
he's very shy
read

oh right...wait shy? your telling me that bulky and intimidating man could be called shy? well we learn something new everyday

can I call you?
read

of course
read

Not even a second later of me replying I received a call from Nora.

"Hi Valerie!" Nora giggled into the phone

"hello Nora what are you doing?"

"Nothing really but daddy and me just came home and I asked him if I could talk to you" she spoke in her sweet voice

"That's nice, I just came from shopping now as well" I replied to her as I fiddle with the necklace around my neck

"ask her how she is" I heard a whisper from the other end that was definitely not Nora's voice

"Daddy's asking how you are- wait - yes daddy I'm asking her- oh- sorry daddy said that I wasn't supposed to tell you he said that- what daddy!"

I laughed "well I'm doing wonderful but I have to go to sleep now Nora so I'll call you some other time, is that okay?"

"Yes sure, goodnight Valerie!"

"Goodnight Nora"

—————————————————————

Beep! Beep! Beep!

Ugh this was the fourth time the alarm rang meaning now I HAD to wake up because this was the last alarm I set otherwise I was going to get late. I rolled to my side, turning on my phone which read "5:00am"

I got out of bed in a grumpy mood obviously not glad about waking up this early. Today was the day of the interview and if I went late to the interview then I was sure I would get rejected.

I made my way to the bathroom to brush my teeth, have a shower, get myself ready and make myself presentable in the span of 20 minutes...wonderful

It was "5:20" as I got out of the shower and that was probably the quickest shower I ever had. I went over to the shopping bag from yesterday which had my clothes that me and Gianna picked out.

Grabbing the clothes, I changed into a tight but not to tight white top which honestly fitted like a bodysuit and then pulled my light grey pencil skirt that reached my mid thigh and had a small slit in the front which really made the skirt look even better. I pulled on a same coloured grey blazer that reached to the end of the skirt and rolled the sleeves up a bit and finally grabbed a white purse with black outline that completed the entire outfit.

Now that the outfit was on me, I realised me and Gianna did a fantastic job on buying the outfit because not only did it look professional and something that didn't look like I was trying to get attention but also complimented my figure beautifully.

As usual, I decided not to put any heat on my hair and decided to go with my natural hair as I didn't really like using heat anyways because I always tried my best to prevent damage to my hair. I applied a bit of mascara and lip gloss and added some silver hoop earrings to match with the grey and when I looked in the mirror, I even surprised myself.

It was after a long time I decided to finally put a lot of effort into my looks and it was just so I could get an opportunity to work at a good paying company.

I gathered my resume, my phone and other small items I thought I might need and made my way over to the my apartment door and locked it.

Since I had put a lot of effort today, I decided to take a taxi instead of a bus specially if I was on my way to a place with a high reputation.

————————————————————————————————

a/n:

I didn't really like this chapter specially the beginning but it'll get better as the book continues.

reminder that this is my first book on Wattpad.