Chapter 5

Valerie's Pov:

I groaned turning to the side, trying to block out the sunlight that was shining directly on my face to only fall of my bed with a loud THUMP!

"Fuck" I cursed as I stood up on my feet again now completely in my senses

Today was a day off from the bakery which we would get once a week and I mostly spent that time sleeping. I mean of course, sleep and me were practically soulmates but I already started my day off with pain meaning my day was about to go absolute shit! sounds wonderful doesn't it?

Finally pushing aside my thoughts, I decided to freshen up and take a shower since me and Gianna had decided to take a trip to the mall.  In complete honesty, I was mostly going to the mall to give Gianna company because I didn't have enough money to spend on myself, especially with the whole rent drama going on.

————————————

Stepping out from my shower, I wrapped a towel around myself and let my hair air dry as I put on my clothes. I chose to wear a yellow checkered dress with a white full sleeve underneath and my necklace that I always wore. Finally to top off everything, I sprayed myself with my signature vanilla scent and a bag to store all my necessary belongings in.

After dressing up, I decided to put on a little bit of makeup since I wasn't really a big fan of it and only wore a lot if there was a special occasion but the little bit of makeup consisted of concealer, mascara and lip gloss. Moving onto my hair, I decided to let my natural waves embrace themselves as I did get many compliments about how my hair was beautiful and really suited me.

Once completely satisfied with my look, I chose to go on my phone and wait for Gianna to show up but just as I was about to pick up my phone a rapid sound of my bell ringing made me go over to my door immediately before the person broke my doorbell.

"Val there's an old lady chasing me with a chancla!" Gianna panted while moving me aside and quickly getting in and locking the door

"What are you talking about?" I said obviously concerned

"I was coming up the stairs to your apartment until an old lady opened her door and started screaming at me and the next thing I know is that she has her slipper in her hand and is chasing me" she let out, finally catching her breathe

I burst out laughing, clutching onto my stomach as I fell to the floor metaphorically dying knowing exactly what she was talking about and after seeing her 'stop laughing this isn't funny' unimpressed look, I controlled myself, stopping my laughing session.

"Oh anna I've been there too but don't worry you'll get used to it" I chuckled

"Elaborate" she said with a bored look

"Well...that lady has some issues after her husband left her and she likes being completely alone and in complete silence so if you make any noise outside of her door, she will literally go after you so you have to be kind of careful or you can always use the long way" I explained

"Dear God! I've been telling you to move out of this apartment, its filled with crazy people" 

"and I've been telling you that I can't" I handed her a glass of water 

"Then why don't you live with me?-" she paused, chugging the water "- I've been trying to convince you for so long" 

"I can't" I sighed "You know I don't want to burden you with my problems and now enough of this because we need to get going" I motioned her to get up so I can start locking the door to which she followed.

----------------------------------

We had finally reached the mall with Gianna's ass trying to get me to live with her, which I as usual got her to agree with me that I can't. Right now we were in Target trying to get everything Maria had listed for the bakery but the sudden thought of Evan and Gianna grew me curious once again and there was no way I was letting Gianna get away with the tension between the two.

"So... care to explain what is going on between you and that Evan guy?" I wiggled my eyebrows to annoy her

"Nothing much" she blushed, putting something back down onto the shelf 

"Are you seriously going to say that when you're blushing by just mentioning his name" I sipped my drink which I got from a cafe

"Val I promise nothing is going on, me and him just know each other and we just flirt with each other here and-" 

"AHA!" I interrupted her loudly while pointing at her that got quite the attention from other people. I quickly fixed myself, blushing at how I just made a fool of myself. "so there is something going on between you both?" I said 

"honestly I don't know. I do like him but his lifestyle is completely different from mine so even if there was something between the two of us, it would be hard for it to work out" she said finally turning all her attention to me

"What do you mean?"

"Val do you even know who those people who came in the bakery were?" she said in a shocked tone

"Why am I getting asked if I know them, are they a hot actor or singer? no well they are hot- wait not Evan because he's yours- I'm not saying Evan's not hot- he is but Vincenzo is hotter- have you seen his muscles? more importantly he gives me the 'I can make you knees weak' look- not saying he can do that to me bu-" 

"They're billionaires" Gianna interrupted me 

I sipped my tea "Oh billionaires no wonder why he- wait what did you say?!" I spat my tea back out

"Val both Vincenzo and Evan are billionaires but how do you know Vincenzo?" Now it was her time to question me

"You remember the bus stop incident I was telling you about..." I begin as she nods "well Vincenzo is that arrogant and rude guy I was talking about"

"Wait so you let the Vincenzo Rossi in you home!?" Gianna's eyes almost popped out

"yeah well I didn't know who he was" I rolled my eyes as I recalled of him being rude "wait but how do you and Maria know him because of what I saw, Maria seemed close with him?"

"Him, Evan and Nora are regular customers for our bakery and they always come at nights and have been doing this since the bakery had started and that's how I met Evan but he didn't always come, he came mostly for business but me and him started talking and yeah" She spoke as we exited target.

"Oh wow...that's why he was asking if I knew him because he was a billionaire and that's why he tried to offer me money" I said as everything started to make sense

"This made things easier for me" I heard Gianna mutter