Chapter 4

Valerie's Pov:
It had been a few days after that little incident at the bus stop but now I was back working better than ever, ready to work long hours again.

Some days I absolutely despised working till night just because I would barely get any sleep but the other days I loved working long hours because it meant I would get to spend more time with Maria and Gianna. I loved working long hours more then I hated them and I actually don't mind making it a regular thing.

"That's actually insane like val seriously I didn't see you as person who would let a hot guy in your house when you just met them" Gianna said while sipping on her tea and as I ate my favourite cookies since we were closed off for our lunch break.

Here I was trying to tell Gianna about the whole bus stop thing, obviously leaving the names out, and here she is trying to make me uncomfortable by changing the situation into something else.

"Are you serious Gianna, I'm here trying to tell you about this weird encounter while you're pointing out the fact I let a guy in my house which as a matter of fact is a complete asshole" I started "and let me also remind you how much of an arrogant man he really was like I was just trying to help and to top it off he tried to offer me money like he expects people do everything for money" I scoffed

"Okay okay calm down val let's not forget we are in New York where people die for money or even sell themselves for money" she chuckled

"Exactly! I really don't understand what is wrong with this place" by this time I was on my feet, angry at how people are nowadays.

"Sorry to interrupt your conversations ladies but it's the end of lunch and we need to re-open the bakery" Maria spoke while turning the sign on the door from 'closed' to 'open' again.

—————————————————————

Today was going quicker than usual and we had a lot of customers coming in and I was almost done with the day with only 2 hours left of work. Luckily, I was handed the job of giving people their orders and cleaning the bakery to which may surprise you is something I rather prefer than working on the tills as it was extremely boring because I would be there sitting all day pressing on buttons and sending orders to Maria.

Right now the bakery was empty with no customers as people normally don't come just hours before the bakery was closing which gave us time to clean and get the bakery ready for tomorrow which me and Gianna would alternate between ourselves as Maria worked on baking her goods for the showcase.

"So my dearest friend have you looked at any jobs?" Gianna's voice spoke breaking me out my thoughts

"What are you talking about?" I said while wiping the tables

The truth is that I was indeed looking for more jobs because I really was starting to struggle on my rent after the landlord increased the price of the apartment unexpectedly.

I even argued with him about my rent as no notice was given and he couldn't just increase the rent randomly but the landlord was a rude old guy who hated me for no reason. As a matter of fact he hated almost everyone and after I changed that disgusting looking apartment to something more home-like, he started bugging me about how I needed to pay him more.

I was able to keep my rent the same for the past years I have been living here but now he was starting to show up to my apartment every other day asking for me to pay extra and knowing he was an alcoholic, I payed him a bit more because I was living alone and you could never know what could happen with an old alcoholic.

However, there was only about couple more months where I could pay him extra from now but after those months I really would be short on the rent and I couldn't rely on Gianna and Maria as they had done so much for me already so here I was looking for another job or an additional job.