Blair - Twenty-Six

26 – Blair

December

"We're having a boy?" I nodded as tears ran down both of our faces. "You're pregnant? Like right now?" I nodded a few more times and laughed. He pulled up my tank top. "No way, stand up." We were both laughing and I stood up holding my tank top above my belly and relaxed as the smallest little baby bump made itself known. "How far?"

"About 14 weeks give or take. They did an early blood test last week and gender was involved." We were both still laughing and crying, he dropped to his knees in front of me, his face even with my belly. His slid his hands up and rubbed lightly.

"Oh, fuck Blair. This is fucking insane." I nodded and ran my fingers through his hair as he pressed soft kisses around my lower belly. "My Mom's going to go nuts." He laughed. "Three grandkids in less than a year, she was begging for them but damn."

"Aiden?" He looked up and me smile plastered on his face. "You're okay with this?" Concern laced his features as he stood up and cupped my face with his hands.

"With us having a baby?" I nodded.

"You said you weren't ready, and somehow against all odds and several condoms here we are."

"And sometimes, we don't know what we're ready for until it happens. Blair I couldn't imagine this happening with anyone else. I'm fucking hype as shit right now." He laughed. "Guess that impulse to sign that contract was a damn good thing."

"I still can't believe you didn't tell me about that! When did you sign it?"

"This morning, after my appointment. I uh, Tom the owner and Jim the GM dropped everything they were doing and met me at the rink. I told them I'd wait and sign after the holidays but they didn't want me to change my mind." We both laughed. "The only downside is that practices and everything are in Frisco and Dallas so like three to four hours away. A few days a week, then camp before the season starts which is up in Canada."

"Well, we're due in July."

"So, I'll definitely be here for that, I wouldn't miss it for the world anyway." He smiled.

"We don't have to like fast track our relationship or anything either Aiden, like I don't expect you to drop everything. I don't expect a proposal or anything like that. Our relationship as a couple is still new, I want to keep going the pace that we are." He laughed.

"Okay, but start looking at houses for sale." I laughed. "I'm serious. Between here and Dallas. I don't mind having to get up early and drive three hours for practice, or even having to stay a night up there every once in a while. I'd actually prefer a place around here because of family. If I'm going to be doing this, and on the road. I want to make sure you, Ryder, and the baby have everyone around for support if you aren't with me. I want you all with me every chance you can be, you need to know that."

"You've put thought into this." I smiled.

"A lot. I want you and Ryder to have a home. Not an apartment, but a house with a pool, and a swing set, and four wheelers, and just everything." His hands rubbed my belly. "Now more than ever. But that's the main reason I agreed to be on the team. The money for one year alone could set us for a damn long time. I'll still work with the guys during the off season because I love building the houses and shit."

"Aiden, build us a house then." I looked at him dumbfounded like it was an obvious answer, because well it really was.

"I could do that." He smiled and kissed me.

"You could maybe stay here until that happens? I don't want to crowd Jordan and Summer, and we kind of like it when you're with us." I bit my lip.

"You asking me to move in with you?" He smiled. I nodded. "Jordan and Summer move into their place next week, so I guess it is good timing. Or I could talk to the landlord and just take over the rental."

Finding You (You Series, Book 4)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें