Blair - Fourteen

14 – Blair

August

"Aiden, I need a favor." I breathed into the phone. Desperation kicked in.

"What's up?"

"How do you feel about a mini vacation?" He laughed.

"Where to?"

"California, just for the weekend, we will be back Sunday night, leave Friday night late."

"I'm down, what for?"

"Tattoo expo?"

"Oh fuck yea." He laughed. "What's the catch?"

"Ryder's donor is going to be there." I picked at my nails. He laughed again.

"Oh, I'll definitely be there." I let out a sigh of relief. "What you doing now?"

"About to head out to get my hair done."

"Want company?"

"Aren't you working?" I laughed.

"Got done about an hour ago."

"And you'd rather spend part of this beautiful afternoon, inside a salon, instead of out there enjoying this weather on your bike?"

"I'm saying, I know you don't have Ryder until later tonight, and my bike really enjoys a certain passenger that usually doesn't give a damn about helmet hair, and is probably going to have to eat at some point this afternoon." I laughed and shook my head.

"Helmet hair, don't care." I heard him laugh and it warmed my insides.

"Give me 10."

"See you then." We both hung up and I changed into a pair of jeans and sneakers. Realizing a little too late I'm not going to have gear on. I heard him pull up and met him outside. "I don't have any..." He held up the jacket and helmet.

"Just because I'm on the bike, doesn't mean I can't bring anything with me." He winked. I put the gear on and we headed out. The afternoon turned out awesome and was a blast.

The weekend came and I was nervous as hell. We just boarded the plane and Aiden's knee was bouncing up and down like crazy. I set my hand on top of it and laughed.

"I don't like planes."

"I can tell." I laughed. "Why'd you agree to come with then?"

"Psh a free vacation? I'd be stupid to turn that down. Also, I didn't like the idea of you being around the guy that you were in an abusive relationship with, alone." He smiled over at me.

"You don't have to like stay around the whole time, and you could have said no."

"Couldn't have said no, was raised better, and don't worry, I'll be right there with you the entire time. If you need me or if you don't, I'm going to be right there." He set his hand on top of mine.

"Thank you, Aiden, seriously. I don't think you understand how much this really means to me." He just smiled and took a deep breath as we took off. Landing was a bit rough off him and he about kissed the ground when we got off the plane. We grabbed a rental and he drove us to the hotel.

"Hi! Checking in?" The girl behind the desk smiled extra sweet directly at Aiden.

"We are." He stated and looked back at me.

"Montgomery, Blair." She tapped for a couple seconds.

"Oh, you requested two queens but somehow those rooms got over booked, I can book two separate rooms though?" She asked, again eyeing up Aiden.