Chapter 31

"I understand why you guys do, but why do I have to go?" Cassie asked bitterly.

It was Christmas Eve. Ever since the mission with Lucius, Cassie had been cooped up in her room, wallowing in guilt. No matter what Tonks and Remus tried, she just wasn't the same, nothing could make her smile.

"You'll see Fred there," Tonks attempted to convince her.

Cassie seemed to ponder the thought of seeing Fred, but she quickly shook her head. "I don't care, I'm not going."

For the past hour they had been trying to convince Cassie to go with them to Grimmauld Place for a Christmas Eve dinner. Seeing how terribly things went last time she was there, she was pretty adamant on not attending. All she wanted to do was sit alone and think of how terrible of a person she is.

Remus sighed, "You've been sitting in bed for days, Cassiopeia. You're going."

"No I'm not," she responded slowly through gritted teeth.

"Maybe we should just let her-" Tonks began speaking softly toward Remus.

"No, Tonks!" he snapped, cutting her off. "This has been going on for far too long. You are going, and that's final."

With that, Remus stormed out angrily, leaving the two stunned girls alone.

"I'm sorry," Tonks said quietly. "He's never usually like this, it must be because of the full moon coming up."

"So I don't have to go then?" she asked hopefully.

"You can't stay in here, Cassie. It's just not healthy, so I have to agree with Remus," Tonks said hesitantly.

Cassie's face contorted into a look of anger. "Well, if I'm being forced to go, then get out so I can get ready."

With a sigh of defeat, Tonks retreated out to where Remus went. All Cassie wanted to do was sit in bed all day, but no, she was being forced to be around people for the night. It was hard enough dealing with the guilt from Mr. Weasley, but now it was overbearing with the Abbott's added on top of that.

It was no surprise Cassie wasn't feeling all too festive this Christmas, which is why she was going to dress accordingly. She quickly threw on her worn leather jacket over a checkered dress with army boots and called it a day.

"Are we going to go or not, then?" she stated in an annoyed voice as she walked out to where Tonks and Remus were standing.

Opening the front door, the three of them walked out of the apartment and in a snap, apparated away.

"This is going to be fun," Cassie grumbled under her breath as they walked up to Grimmauld Place.

"You coming?" Tonks asked when she noticed Cassie not moving from the hallway.

"Yeah, I just want to catch up with Grandma Walburga first," she replied.

Surprisingly, Walburga is probably the only person she could stand talking to at the moment, despite not even being a person.

"Back so soon?" Walburga questioned as Cassie came into view.

Cassie chuckled dryly, "It wasn't willingly, that's for sure."

Walburga huffed in response. "I presume that's why you look so awful?"

It was no secret to anyone that Cassie wasn't looking her best. She had dark bags under her eyes from lack of sleep and looked skinnier than ever from sleeping all day instead of eating.

"Life does that to you," she muttered under her breath.

"Go eat something, Cassiopeia. You look dreadful, we can talk later," Walburga remarked, shooing her off.