032 | youth

╔═══════ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎

'𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐡' ════════════╝

━━ -ˋˏ★ˎˊ- ━━

... YAVIN IV, OUTER RIM TERRITORIES

𝐒𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐊𝐈𝐓𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐍 and squinting against the light of dawn, Poe had explained the whole story. Every event that had led up to his capture. His voice was choked and raw by the end.  He wanted to stop reliving and retelling the memories, but he knew this would only be the beginning.

 Never one for much conversation, his dad had done little more than nod and frown as the tale was told.  There was no disappointment for what his son had done. A little bit of pride, a hell of a lot of concern.

Now it was mid-afternoon. The whole day was just blurring together into one brightly-colored blob. If he tried to sleep again, he would be haunted by dreams, so Poe wasted the day sitting in the empty living room alone. His lip was split and swollen, his cheek was bruised and scraped, and his headache was only beginning to subside.

Outside, the planet was alive and green. A soft breeze of spring drifted in through the open window, making the whole house smell fresh and drenched in ozone. It was intoxicating and captivating to the point where Poe continued to sit, eyes glazed over and lukewarm glass of water clutched in his hand. It was way easier to stare than it was to remember.

Poe remembered all the years of memories, the laughter of his mother as she watched him grow up. He remembered her so clearly, it was still strange to see the halls so empty without her there. She filled them with warmth and light, a strength that still knew softness.

Now, he was just a visitor in this place. A visitor to the remains of every mistake he had ever made.

Poe heard the front door open and shut three separate times. He heard voices, a small amount of laughter, and still, he didn't move. He stayed still and silent until he heard the floorboards creak behind him.

"There's someone here to see you," Kes said, leaning with one arm on the doorway. His shadow draped itself across the couch, blocking all of the light from the kitchen.

Poe picked his head up, dragging his focus away from the window. As far as he knew, their only neighbor was still Mione Tailor. No one on this planet would be looking for him. "Who?"

Eleni poked her head through the door, hair a mess of frizzy waves and cheeks slightly pink. Poe felt nothing but relief at the sight of his sister. When was the last time the three of them had even been together?