031 | death gang

╔══════════ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄

𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐠𝐚𝐧𝐠  ═══════════╝

━━ -ˋˏ★ˎˊ- ━━

...INNER RIM

𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 who always had a plan?

Even when she didn't, Lyra had always been able to pretend that she did. False confidence went a long way when you were responsible for more than just your own well being.

But standing in the stale air of the Falcon with Han, Rey, Finn, Chewie, and Bee looking at her with expectation, she had nothing. No new ideas, no plan or reason for Han to help them instead of dumping them in a pod. Her emotions were too numb for this game.

Luckily, a distant metallic clunk stole everyone's attention away from her.

"Don't tell me a rathtars gotten loose," Han said offhandedly. He hurried off the way he had come onto the ship, back out to the bowels of his freighter.

"A what? Did he just say rathtars?" Finn asked.

Lyra shared a glance with Rey, then they all followed after Han. Bee rolled behind as he held a conversation with Chewie about how terrible Jakku was. Rey was pretending like she couldn't understand what they were saying.

They exited the Falcon and stepped out onto the dirty floor of Han Solo's freighter. It was all gloom and dark grays and browns like cleaning was always last on the to-do list. Han moved to the control panel, and they all followed him. Curious, Lyra looked up and around her. It seemed that old habits die hard, especially if Han was still tied up in something that required hauling rathtars.

"You're not actually hauling rathtars?" Finn said again, sidling up next to the control panel.

Han turned to him and the corners of his eyes wrinkled with the hint of a smile. "I'm hauling rathtars."

While Han messed with the control panel, Rey scooted closer to Lyra. "How does he know who you are?" she whispered, eyes wild with worry.

"He helped me out of a tight spot a long time ago," Lyra told her quietly. I'm also a former First Order assassin and anyone who knows my name knows who I am by default. "I don't know if I'm in the position to pull favors, but don't worry. He isn't going to just drop us off in the middle of nowhere."