012 | the expendable

╔═══════════ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄

'𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞' ════════════╝

━━ -ˋˏ★ˎˊ- ━━

...OUTER-RIM TERRITORIES

𝐋𝐘𝐑𝐀 𝐒𝐔𝐑𝐕𝐄𝐘𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐔𝐍𝐙𝐈𝐗, looking for any outward signs of tampering. Threepio's droid network was thorough, as he was prone to argue. It would have taken a lot to not only trigger the droid, but to force a message through to the Resistance with the right codes. She poked it in the back of the head with her baton, prodding at where its memory core was enclosed.

Nunzix swatted her baton away with his remaining arm. "Watch where you're poking that, human."

Lyra tilted her head. "Maybe I'll find a way to detach that other arm for you. Watch yourself."

They were carefully making their way deeper into the cave. The temperature dropped ten degrees, and even the weight of her gray jacket didn't keep out the chill. Stalactites of ice hung from the ceiling and jutted out from the rocky walls like dangerous spires of sapphire. The deeper they went, the more likely it was that they would be cornered.

And that was, after all, the plan.

"There," Poe pointed up at a ledge that ran around the side of the bowl-shaped area they had just entered. Here, the ceilings were higher, a perfect vantage point for an attack. "We can watch from there, and if it all goes wrong, the tunnel extends back from that spot right there and we'll have a way out," Poe squinted. "I think."

Lyra kneeled down. "Bee, are you sure you're up for this?"  The droid rolled back a step, offended that she had even asked. He let out a string of scathing binary directed at Terex, and Lyra wrinkled her nose.  "You sound like you've been hanging around Elgie," 

Lyra watched Bee roll up onto the curved stone of the wall and extend a grappling cable to the low hanging ceiling. From there, he swung like a metal ballon until he was nestled right between two pieces of rock.

"This is not the best idea," Lyra said to Poe as they hiked up to their own hiding spot. "I can tell you about nine ways this is going to go wrong."

"We have Threepio for that, I don't want to hear about how bad this is going to go," Poe said. "Let's try to be positive about this, please."

"Okay, you're right," Lyra nodded. "I'm positive this is going to go wrong."