075 | the great war

╔════ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

╔════ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘  𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

'𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐫' ═══════╝

━━ -ˋˏ★ˎˊ- ━━

...THE FINALIZER, KIJIMI AIRSPACE

𝐀𝐒 𝐒𝐎𝐎𝐍 𝐀𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 stormtrooper boarding party made their way to the Falcon, they launched their attack. The clock had started, and they had no time to be discreet. Poe and Finn cleared the troopers closest to the door, and Rey took out a third with her staff. The few stationed along the wall tried to fire, but Lyra held out her arms and swept them to the ground with the strength of the Force.

"You three, stay there," Rey ordered, looking back towards the opening of the tiny ship.

"Happily," Threepio muttered, teetering his way back into the ship with D-O and Bee close behind.

"Which way?" Poe asked.

"Uh, no idea," Finn said, looking around with his blaster held at his side. "Follow me."

They ran across the hanger and down one of the narrow hallways that spilled into the body of the ship. Ducking behind corners with Finn in the lead, it was surprisingly simple not to get caught. Ren was so focused on catching them on the ground, he had barely put any effort into protecting his precious ship. Even after so many years of the Resistance outwitting the stiff protocol of the First Order, they never could adapt to spontaneity.

They came upon a locked door with a control panel that housed a row of buttons. Finn groaned in frustration, lifting the cover off and exposing the myriad of colorful wires beneath. Without a droid, it wouldn't be quick work.

"Here," Lyra said, gently shoving him to the side. She ignited a small fire on her palm and pressed it to the wires, melting the metal until the system shorted and the door slid open without any further struggle.

"Huh," was all Finn said in response, already stepping through the doorway with his blaster drawn.

Two troopers stepped out of nowhere and into their path. "Drop your weapons!"

This time, Rey took care of their problem. With a wave of her hand, she said, "It's okay that we're here."

They lowered their weapons, and the blasters hung limply in their grasp.

"It's okay that we're here."

"It's good," the second trooper agreed.

Rey pushed it a step further. "You're relieved that we're here.