015 | to death's heart

╔══════════ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

'𝐭𝐨 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡'𝐬 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭' ════════════╝

━━ -ˋˏ★ˎˊ- ━━

𝐋𝐘𝐑𝐀 𝐎𝐏𝐄𝐍𝐄𝐃 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐘𝐄𝐒.

There was no taste of blood.  Her limbs were featherlight. Everything around her was white, glowing faintly and shifting with an invisible breeze. There was a halo of light around anything she tried to focus on.  Though this place was empty, there was a presence around her. It settled over her like a comforting hand, easing her emotions with one loose, invisible gesture. 

"Hello there," a voice said. It was Core World for certain, but beyond that nothing familiar about it.  The source emerged from within the light like an ambassador. He had close-cropped auburn hair and loose, brown robes like a Jedi from generations past.

Lyra looked down at her hand. It should have been burned red with hairline scars, but the skin was smoother than it had been in years. When she looked up, her voice seemed to echo in the nothingness. "Am I dead?"

"No, not quite," the man told her with a slight shake of his head. "You came very close, but in literal terms, you are still very much alive.

She wanted to ask how close she had come, but she had a feeling this man wouldn't tell her. Behind his smiling eyes, there was a deeper purpose to his being with her.

"There is nothing for you to fear. This life force, is part of you after all." He pointed loosely at the nothingness around them. "It has been guiding you for your entire life."

"My entire life?" Lyra gave a light scoff. "I doubt that.  This place is too good, too pure. If that's what the Force is I have no part in it."

But he only shook his head. "For someone who has seen so much of the dark, it is an easy doubt to have, but never doubt it, Lyra. This is a turning point, a fulcrum upon which the rest of your life sits in the balance."

"I don't understand," Lyra told him.

"There has been an awakening in the Force. It was prevented, hidden, avoided, whatever word you would like to use," he waved his hand. "But now, it has come to life and there will be no stopping it."

"You keep saying it," Lyra bit her inner cheek, not wanting the clarification she was about to request. "Is that awakening something that I'm a part of?"