051 | lost cause

╔══════ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄

'𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞' ═══════╝

━━ -ˋˏ★ˎˊ- ━━

...THE RADDUS

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐘 𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐌 in the lower decks of the Raddus smelled of heated metal from the sheer amount of electricity they had diverted into the room. Eleni insisted she wasn't going to get involved, but still she had managed to give them advice on the best way to power the computers without triggering any alerts or unceremoniously blowing a fuse.

They had cameras rigged to the outside, an automatic shutdown of all modules and files if the wrong person should step into the room, and at least one of them would remain stationed in the space at all times. The metal walls were half rusted and there were no windows to the world outside. It wasn't ideal, but with Lyra's stolen clearance codes they were well on their way to making up for the time Holdo had wasted.

Eden was sitting on the floor with a holo pad propped up on her lap and Georgie and Ellis were standing across from each other at the circular holo table that took up most of the space in the middle of the room. Elgie was rolling around, keeping their systems in check and running into people's toes every chance she got. It was almost like D'Qar.

Ellis let out a loud sigh. "Good news or bad news first?"

"Bad news never," Eden piped up.

"Just tell us," Lyra said, leaning against the wall with her arms crossed.

"Good news is Holdo is never gonna find out we're down here. Good news also, the Vice Admiral currently has a chartered trajectory and I'm very close to figuring out where we're headed," Ellis relayed, reading off the screen in front of him.

Georgie glanced up. "And the bad news?"

"Fuel reserves are so low, it's a miracle we're flying anywhere."

"What?" Eden exclaimed, finally standing up. "How low?"

"Two days left, max, and that's if we don't make any jumps to lightspeed. We're slightly further out of range of those Star Destroyers than we were at this time a cycle ago, and because of that we're burning fuel at an exponentially faster rate."