048 | fuel to fire

╔═════ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

'𝐟𝐮𝐞𝐥 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞════════╝

━━ -ˋˏ★ˎˊ- ━━

...THE RADDUS, HYPERSPACE

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐀 𝐒𝐘𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐌 was a near-constant drone of commands and updates on assignments, none of which pertained to Poe in any way. He felt like he had been reduced to nothing. His squadron was off in the middle of nowhere without him, he had failed Leia, and he couldn't forget the disappointment in Lyra's eyes when she had first confronted him. It was all adding up, piles upon piles of years of guilt for leading and being the one who always returned when his crew wasn't always so lucky.

He turned the corner on the third floor of the Raddus to see Lyra walking towards him. Her long hair was pulled back in two neat gray-streaked braids, and she was wearing a plain black t-shirt. She had yet to find a permanent replacement for her own ruined jacket.

Her face melted with relief at finding him. "Did you turn your comms off?"

He patted his pocket, realizing he didn't know where it was. "No?"

Bee chirped up at him.

"Oh that's right, I left it in my room. I need to go back and grab that–"

She shook her head. "Nope, you don't have time.  You're coming with me."

"What's going on?" Poe asked her, trying not to sound worried.

"Aliyah and Eden intercepted a transmission from Black Squadron. They're playing the recording for the officers up on the bridge."

Are they okay? Bee asked, perking up his round head.

Lyra expression softened with a small smile. "They're okay."

For a second, all Poe felt was the heat of his jealousy. He understood that he was only a Captain, but Snap and Karé were part of his squadron. He deserved to know what was going on. "I'm not even an officer," he said hotly.

"I'll vouch for you," Lyra insisted, almost dragging him by the arm. "I just ran around the Raddus trying to find you, you're coming to the meeting. Besides, I think there might be an assignment you're needed for."

He raised an eyebrow. "Are you meddling?"

Lyra turned her head to glance at him as they walked, gray eyes glinting with the tell-tale sign that she knew something he didn't.  She placed a hand on her chest. "Of course not, that would be a conflict of interest."