Chapter 12: Sleepover

-Back in Konoha-

"Y/n!" Sasuke waved. Shikamaru, Choji, and Hinata was there too. She ran over to hug them all.

"What are you guys doing?" she asked.

"Idiot. Did you forget today's your birthday?" Shikamaru said shaking his head. Hinata let out a little giggle. She was so busy with her missions and training she completely forgot.

"Oh yeah huh?" she scratched the back of her head and they all laughed. She invited her team as well as her friends back to her apartment.

They had fun for the rest of the day.

~Time Skip After the Party~

Y/n flopped onto her bed sighing.

"What a day. Since it's been a year you're gonna be graduating soon right?" she asked Sasuke. He nodded his head.

"I want to ask you something Sasuke. About the Mangekyou Sharingan."

"Itachi had it and said that I had to kill my best friend in order to obtain it. But I'm never going to do that. I will get revenge for our clan."

"I activated the Mangekyou Sharingan."

"What but how?" Sasuke did not know that she had killed her parents. Y/n explained to him.

~Time Skip 1 and a Half Year Later~

(Sorry it's just that they're still kind of young so this is closer to the chunin exams where Neji and y/n are almost 15.)

Y/n and Neji had mended their friendship and were on great terms now. Sasuke had become a shinobi and went on lots of missions as did y/n They didn't get to see each other too often anymore. Shikamaru and Choji stopped by once in a while but were busy with their missions. Y/n spent lots of time with Hinata and Tenten though. Her feelings also grew stronger for Neji as did his for her.

"Yes we get today and tomorrow off!" Tenten said as she was walking with y/n through the busy village.

"Yeah, I'm glad. But of course Lee is still training." she rolled her eyes and they laughed. As they were walking they spotted Hinata at cute little shop looking at keychains.

"Hi Hinata!" y/n said. Hinata looked over at the other girls and gently waved.

"Whatcha looking at?" Tenten asked.

"Just some keychains. They look so cute. I'm going to buy one for my sister, but I'm not sure which one." Hinata said. The girls looked around until y/n held up a cute pig with a pink flower on it's ear.

"How about this one?" she asked. Hinata nodded and smiled. She paid and the girls started walking. Not exactly knowing where they would end up but just walking.

"Y-you guys have a day off tomorrow r-right?" Hinata asked.

"Yep!" Tenten answered.

"D-do you maybe want to have a sleep over?" Hinata offered.

"Definitely! Sasuke has a mission so yeah I'd love to go." y/n responded.

"I'm down!" Tenten replied.

"Okay let's meet at the compound in the evening." they parted ways to get their stuff.

~Time Skip Evening~

Y/n and Tenten stood at the entrance of the Hyuga compound with their bags. Y/n knocked on the door casually, she had spent so much time there and the Hyugas treated her like family because of Hinata and Neji. She had even become good friends with Hanabi. Tenten was a bit more uncomfortable, she had only visited a few times on special occasions, like when their team convinced Neji to host a get together.

The massive door opened slowly. The girls looked up, expecting to be greeted by Hiashi Hyuga or a guard, but to their surprise Neji was the one who had opened the door. He gave them a confused look.

"Oh Neji. It's just you." Tenten said, sighing with relief but also disappointment.

"What do you mean just me? I'm more than you could ask for." Neji said with a frown.

"I was expecting someone more important." Tenten said teasingly. Y/n let out a giggle as Neji stood there not amused.

"I mean I guess you're great too, Neji." y/n said which caused his face to light up a bit.

"Hinata-sama is in the kitchen." he said leading us to the kitchen. But he didn't even need to guide them, because y/n was so familiar with the place. Just as they stopped into the kitchen there was a loud boom.