Chapter 11: Neji's Respect

"Sorry." y/n came back into the dining area and sat down. Neji lightly elbowed Saya.

"Don't you have something to say?" Neji whispered, nudging her with his elbow. Saya rolled her eyes.

"Why should I apologize!?! I'm the one who gave you all this food! She didn't even say thank you!" Saya got up and yelled.

"Thank you for the food." y/n calmly said as she kept her composure. Saya then grabbed her shirt and held her up.

"Do you think I'm a joke? I bet I can beat you and your weak clan!" she exclaimed. Y/n got up.

"Okay, let's go! Right now! Bet." they all got up to follow her outside in the front of the inn.

"Guy sensei you're allowing this?" Neji asked.

"I find it very youthful! Don't worry I'll be the ref!" Guy exclaimed.

"I'm actually trained too you know!" Saya said as she pulled out a kunai knife from her pocket.

"Alright let's begin!" Guy shouted.

Saya threw the kunai knife but Y/n easily dodged it. Saya threw some shurikens but in the blink of an eye y/n was behind her holding a kunai to her neck. Saya gasped with shock.

"Never leave your back open to the enemy." y/n said with a smirk.

"Y/n wins!" Guy said. She put her arm down and walked away, but Saya tried to manipulate the sand and blasted it at y/n. Y/n simply dodged and used her fire ball jutsu. The Sand Siblings past by and witnessed the fight, cheering on y/n. Saya was on the ground until she saw Gaara.

"Y-you! You're Gaara! The monster!" she yelled pointing at him. He looked at her with pure bloodlust.

But in a instant Saya was on the floor gasping for air, flopping around like a fish. Y/n had activated her mangekyou sharingan putting her under a genjutsu where Saya was suffocating in clouds as blood stained the clouds with red. Like Itachi's mangekyou sharingan: 1 minute in the present time is like days in the genjutsu.

She deactivated after 30 seconds, leaving Saya gasping for air. Everyone was shocked on what had happened.

"Gaara is my friend not a monster!" y/n exclaimed. Saya now looked frightened as if she had just seen a ghost.

"Y/n what happened to your eyes?" Gaara asked as he walked over to her. Her eyes were spilling blood.

"Mangekyou sharingan..." she whispered. She recalled going to the Uchiha basement and reading the sacred text with Sasuke after the massacre.

Saya got up and went to hug Neji.

"Kill her! Neji you're better right? Then kill her!" she yelled in fear. Gaara stepped in front of y/n as if he were ready to protect her. Temari and Kankuro did the same. Neji pushed Saya off him.

"You went to far! Y/n is my comrade who I deeply respect. You have disrespected my comrade so therefore I have no respect for you. It was your fate and one cannot argue with fate." he looked at y/n and gave a weak smile. Y/n just glared at him, not ready to forgive him just yet. He sheepishly looked down.

"Y/n you're bleeding!" Tenten ran over and summoned some tissues, handing them to y/n.

"Who are these people?" Lee asked.

"Oh these are the Sand Siblings. Temari, Kankuro, and Gaara. Guys this is my team." she explained as she dabbed her eyes. They introduced each other.

"We were actually going to pick up Saya right now. But I can see..." Temari began looking over at the beaten up Saya who was on the ground curled up in a ball.

"Kankuro get Saya." Temari said. Kankuro went to pick up the frightened girl.

"We're leaving tomorrow morning. Let's get some sleep. We've had a long day." Guy sensei said heading back into the inn with Tenten and Lee. Y/n said her good byes to the sand siblings. She then turned to go back into the inn, only to find her stopped by Neji.

"Look y/n... I'm really sorry about the other night. The truth is I really do respect you." Neji said. Y/n just smiled at him.

"I forgive you. I'm sorry also." she said. They walked into the inn together.