Chapter 42: Shinobi Alliance

Hinata, Kiba, Naruto, Sakura, Shino, Sai, Kakashi sensei, and Yamato sensei went out to find Sasuke. There had been news of him joining the Akatsuki and killing Orochimaru. Y/n then found out he killed Itachi. Not to mention he captured Killer Bee, the eight tails jinhcuriki. A few ninjas of the Hidden Cloud were upset and caused a ruckus.

Shikamaru and y/n's teams helped repair the village.

"I'll finish up here y/n. You can take a break." Choji said. Y/n let out a sigh and thanked Choji. She then took a seat on a wooden plant and drank some water.

What are you doing Sasuke? You idiot! Why don't you just come home! What more do you want?

"You okay y/n?" Neji came over and asked. She looked up at him.

"Yeah I'm fine. Just...Sasuke..." she replied.

"Y/n...We all agreed that Sasuke must be stopped if Naruto fails to reach him." he said.

"I know...He's an idiot..." y/n could feel tears in her eyes but drank some more water to distract herself.

~Time Skip a Few Days~

Naruto and his squad had come back to the village. With new. Bad news. War. The five kage summit. Danzo's death. Madara Uchiha.

They began to prepare right away. Sharpening their weapons. Honing their skills. Increasing their stamina. Gathering as many shinobi's as possible. Not only would Konohagakure be fighting but all of the 5 great nations. It would be the great Shinobi Alliance.

Tsunade had awoken just in time. Naruto was sent to an island with Killer Bee to be held there to train and in case they targeted him. Everything was moving so fast. It overwhelmed y/n. She hadn't gotten a chance to use the full extent of the Mangekyo Sharingan on anyone so she'd just have to test it on the battle field.

Y/n was dispatched in the Fourth Division under Shikamaru's command for ninjas with special abilities. Neji was dispatched in the Second Division under Kitsuchi for close range fighters. They all got matching headbands and wore their villages uniform.

A few more days passed and the beginning of the war was soon upon them. Gaara commanded them all.

Right before the war started Neji snuck into the Fourth Division camp to see y/n.

"Pst." he called as he looked around the back.

"Y/n." he whisper-called from behind a tent.

"Neji?" she asked confused then spun around to see his head peaking out from the back of a tent. She jogged over towards him with a look of confusion.

"Neji what are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be in the Second Division?" she asked. Neji then pulled her into a hug without a word. She hugged back, loving the feeling of his warm embrace.

"Be safe y/n. Don't die on me." he said, releasing her from the hug.

"Same to you. You better not leave me again." she replied.

Neji's lips connected to y/n's. Soft. Innocent. Loving. Passionate. They pulled away from the kiss, they're foreheads together.

"I love you Uchiha." he smirked.

"Love you too Hyuga." she smiled.