Chapter 38: Familiar Feeling

Y/n had been acting a bit... strange. It's been two weeks since Hinata and her went to the hot springs. Neji had not given y/n any attention. Y/n firmly claimed that she didn't care but really she was screaming internally.

Sometimes she'd find herself ranting about how dumb Sasuke was to Tenten to get her mind off of Neji. Even though Tenten and her were not on great terms, Tenten was trying.

Or y/n would randomly start training with different squads after her own training. Or she'd eat a lot more food than usual. Or not enough food. Hinata was concerned.

After a mission, Hiashi called for Neji. And we all know that that's never a good thing.

"Neji please take a seat." Hiashi said. Neji obliged and sat down.

"How have you been?" Hiashi asked. Neji was taken aback by his question and was a bit shocked.

"I'm doing okay." Neji reponded.

"Are you still chasing after the Uchiha?"

"Well Naruto and Sakura are still determined to find him-"

"Not that Uchiha. The girl."

Neji felt a bit uneasy.

"No. I'm not." Neji replied.

"That's quite a shame really. She's truly an extraordinary kunoichi. Not to mention she's an Uchiha. I once imagined have and Uchiha and Hyuga grandchild. Such potential. Byakugan and Sharingan."

"What's your point?" Neji asked sternly.

"You see you're almost 18. Once you are then my word will mean nothing to you. Hinata is still too soft to lead the clan if I pass. But you Neji. You have great potential. And before you yell at me I wanted to ask your permission if I can set you up for an arranged marriage. I understand what happened last time so I wanted to ask you first. There is a girl who is a kunoichi of the Amemura clan from the Hidden Sand, who is your age. Her father is also worrying if she'll ever marry. Will you accept? You're answer does not need to be now. But I would like you to." Hiashi explained. He got up and left the room

Neji was left there speechless. He had no motivation anymore. Y/n wasn't paying attention to him. He wasn't sure whether to accept or not. He had the choice this time. It was better for the Hyuga right? It'd benefit them more. Neji was unsure.

~

Y/n had just come back from a mission and decided to go train with Shikamaru's team. Sad part is even Ino beat her. (no hate to Ino i love her but she aint that strong)

"Are you okay y/n? You fell for my jutsu twice. That's not like you." Ino said.

"I'm fine. Just tired that's all." y/n replied. They continued to train.

Once Shikamaru said that he was tired they all left for the evening. Y/n headed over to her apartment and showered. She looked for food in her fridge and pantry but found nothing. Only some expired milk and a single egg. The pantry didn't have any snacks either.

"I might as well go to Ichiraku ramen. I'll go grocery shopping tomorrow." she muttered to herself. She sighed and trudged out the door, to Ichiraku ramen. When she arrived she noticed a familiar long haired boy. Usually she'd avoid him but she was too tired to go to another restaurant and anyway, she really wanted Ichiraku ramen.

Y/n took a seat next to Neji and ordered her ramen with a sigh. She kept glancing at him. But he payed no attention to her. He didn't even say hi. It was as if he was ignoring her. Y/n was annoyed but still too tired to make a fuss.