Chapter 31: Notice Me

~2 Year Time Skip~
-Current Age: 17-

Y/n was patrolling the village today. Things with Neji were great but Sasuke had not returned. Y/n had become a jonin alongside Neji because she assisted him in saving Gaara.

"Ugh this is boring. I'm already a jonin. I should get more S Rank missions instead." she hopped up onto a building surveying the village. Nothing bad was going on except for a suspicious figure standing on a pole. She hopped over to the figure only to find a familiar boy with whiskers.

"Naruto?" she asked. The boy in the orange jumpsuit looked over to her.

"That's me! ... Wait. Y/n?" he said. She nodded and Naruto jumped down onto the building where she was standing.

"Woah. You look so different!" he remarked with a smile. Y/n had worked hard on herself after the incident with Neji and spent more time to focus on self love. (You are amazing! Don't ever let a person tell u otherwise)

"You got taller! And a new outfit!" she said in reply. He gave a smirked.

"And I got a whole lot stronger too!" he said with a thumbs up. She laughed a bit.

"I bet." she said.

"So what are you doing now?"

"I'm on patrol. Boring."

"Oh hey look there!" Naruto said pointing to Sakura and Konohamaru's team on the ground.

"Imma go say hi!" he said.

"For sure. I'm still on patrol. But I'll see ya later!"

He nodded and went down. She continued to patrol. Nothing was new.

At the end of the day she met back up with her squad and filed out some reports.

"Oh Naruto's back." y/n said as they exited Lady Tsunade's office.

"REALLY?!? I CAN'T WAIT TO CHALLENGE HIM." Lee exclaimed.

"Let's see how much stronger he is now." Neji said with a smirk.

"I bet he's pretty strong since he beat you up last time." Tenten said with a snicker.

"Hey! I got stronger too." he replied. I let out a laugh.

"Well anyway we should meet up with him soon to celebrate." y/n said. They all nodded and parted ways. Y/n left with Neji.

"So we have the rest of the day. What do you want to do?" she asked her boyfriend. He shrugged.

"You're no fun. We never have actual time together."

"We see each other everyday."

"Only because of missions." she pouted and sighed continuing to walk down the street.

"Imma go train I guess." she said in defeat once they were near the forest.

"Okay." he said plainly. Y/n walked into the forest until she found a good tree she could use as a dummy and a couple of log stumps to sit on.