Chapter 1

Harper's POV

THE BLINDING SUN BEGAN TO SET as the day slowly drew to a close; I gazed out across the seemingly infinite ocean, aimlessly watching the sun dip beneath the horizon from one of the cliffs tops near my house. The turquoise swirls of water splashed around the rocks and I wondered about the aimless shoals of fish that swam beneath the surface.

As much as I loved it here in Cornwall, I had been living here my whole life. I wanted a change, to see something new. I wasn't a country girl.  I had decided to move to London, more specifically, Soho. It was the most different place I could think of. I imagined how it would look, all the amazing city lights; all the things to do and see.

Maybe it could give me some inspiration.

You see, one of my favourite things to do is to recite poetry. I know it sounds dull; incredibly boring perhaps, but it's not. I'm not one of those types who recites poems confessing their love, I prefer poems with substance, about real life topics that need to be addressed. 

Another reason why I wanted to get out of Cornwall to make this 'weird' hobby of mine an actual, meaningful career. It was my dream. I wanted to make a difference with my life. 

My eyes drifted across the mesmerizing view, relishing my last moments in Cornwall. It was beautiful here. But I wanted a different kind of beauty. The type of beauty that only a city can give you.

As he sun gave its last glint and sank below the horizon, I headed back inside, but not before looking at the sea for the last time. I breathed in a full breath of ocean-air and let it slowly fill my lungs. This was the last time I would see this view before I set off for my different life in the city.

If only I knew just how different it would be.

Next Morning

6:30.

My alarm woke me up with its incredibly irritating sound; urging me to get out of bed. Although I was tired, I couldn't get the idea of London out of my mind, it powered me on....and out of the house for the last time. With my suitcase in hand, I climbed into the taxi to the airport  and wrote down the name of my cousin's empty apartment that I was going to stay in on my phone. 

I tried to prolong the final moments at home. I looked around, my house was lifeless as soon as I stepped out of it and I began to think that that shouldn't be the case. I surely shouldn't be by myself on a momentous day like this? Shouldn't I have someone who high-five or some shit? It didn't matter, I never had anyone before and I have been fine; London was not going to change that. 

In the airport

I nearly missed the plane. Everything was so hectic. The taxi driver got stuck in traffic, the airport queues were massive and, being my usual unaware self, I dropped my Starbucks coffee on a dog!

But once I finally took my seat on the plane, I breathed a sigh of relief. Soon after, I pulled my note book out of my bag and started to write.

I looked out the window, it was cloudy. I never expected otherwise. This was still England of course. It look a while to get my luggage but after that, I left the airport and stepped right into the famous city. London. It was everything I had imagine it to be.

People hurried around the streets, lined with all kinds of shops. I looked around, taking everything in. After a few moments, I checked my phone for the address and made my way through the streets to my new house - my independence being my only company. 

-/-

Hey everyone here is the first chapter. Thanks for reading, I hope you liked it :)