Untitled Part 35

Chapter 35 – Wake Up

".........."

Su Qing got up in panic causing the book in her hand to fall to the floor. Looking at him while her little face switched back and forth from white to blue and slowly changed to red. Her fingers inside her sleeve trembled slightly, even what Ding shi just told her was already thrown behind her head.

"....Seventh, Seventh Lord, do you know what you are talking about....."

Gu Zifu picked up the book and put it on the bed, asked in frown, "What is wrong with you today?"

His tone was cold as ice when he said, bringing Su Qing's thoughts back from running rampage.

Su Qing carefully looked at Gu Zifu, seeing that he was staring at her with a serious face, her eyes slightly relaxed and breathed a long sigh of relief. Regretting her reaction just now felt like she was overrated. Looking at Gu Zifu's reaction, it seemed like he really did not know about this. Especially the relationship between men and women, he indeed has no experience.

Su Qing bit her lower lip, shook her head as she said in a low voice, "Seventh Lord, you knew that I don't know how to read. I don't really understand it either."

"That's right." Gu Zifu laughed. When he was about to turn over the book, suddenly remembered Su Qing seemed to have said something to him when she just came in, he asked, "Did you say something before?"

"Ah? No, no. The Seventh Lord must hear it wrong." Su Qing was nervous.

She must be a fool just now to ask Gu Zifu something like that.

How could this person keep it in his mind.

As expected, Gu Zifu didn't take her word seriously, he only said "oh" faintly, and continued to read the book in his hand to pass the time.

He didn't know where Si Ting got these books. Most of them wrote about the ideal couple. Gu Zifu found it interesting so read a little but did not expect the whole day to pass just like this.

Su Qing's mind was restless at the moment, so she turned around and left the room.

The whole courtyard was empty, no one there. Su Qing blinked her eyes. Wasn't Gu Li here a minute ago? How could a person disappear in a blink of an eye?

She went to ask Shuanqial and found out that the Third Lord just woke up, so Ding shi sent someone to call Gu Li back. Presumably he's in the Third Lord's room now.

Su Qing nodded, kicked the pebble under her feet and hopped around in the yard alone.

Who cares if he woke up or not, it has nothing to do with her anyway.

Chuntao is not here, so boring.

————-

At the courtyard of the Third Lord, Gu Lingyi was resting on the bed. He looks frail with pale complexion and a thick bandage around the neck. His concubine Xu Meier sat on the side of the bed and fed him medicine, spoon by spoon. When she saw the medicine spilled from his mouth, she took out the handkerchief on her waist and wiped it gently. The smell of fragrant on her body made the Third Lord move his nose slightly and the light flashed in his eyes. Stretched out his hand to touch Xu Meier's face, but when the corner of his eyes saw the Old Madam's unpleasant look, he withdrew his hand unwillingly.

"Mother, I'm okay now. You don't have to worry."

The Old Madam said angrily, "You bastard! Everyday, beside drinking and playing all day long, can you put your mind to care about the matter in the house. This time you're lucky narrowly escaped death. If you met that wretched of the Gu Courtyard, where would you still have a life lying here smiling happily!"