Untitled Part 22

Chapter 22 – Drinking Medicine

Perhaps it is from the effect of the mind soothing incense, the two slept until noon time.

Su Qing woke up still feeling confused, opened her hazy eyes and saw Gu Zifu was sleeping next to her, Su Qing was taken aback. It took her awhile to come back to her senses after almost having a heart attack a moment ago. Subconsciously wanted to sit up, but found that Gu Zifu's legs did not know since when pressing on her legs and his big hands also tightly around her waist. Her actions have disturbed Gu Zifu.

Sleeping Gu Zifu was awakened, issued a tired nasal sound, moved his big hand and brought the person back closer into his arms, he then murmured: "Don't move, let this lord hold for a while."

It was fine if he didn't say it, the moment he opened his mouth, Su Qing's body instantly became stiff, slightly bit her lower lip and followed his movement to lie down. The corner of her eye accidentally fell on Gu Zifu's half open chest, Su Qing's face completely turned red. She had to move a little bit away, so that there is some gap between them.

Su Qing was wide awake, looking at the tent above her head in shock and shame.

God, is the Seventh Lord a pig? How can he's so good at sleeping?

Su Qing silently waited for half a day, but didn't the signs of Gu Zifu wanted to wake up at all. She bit her teeth and gently removed Gu Zifu's hand that was wrapping around her waist, but before she could even pull it out, there was a sudden "pop" sound smacking on the back of her hand. Although it was not painful, it was enough to startle Su Qing.

".....Seventh Lord, are you awake?"

"No." The voice was faintly weak.

"......" Su Qing stared at his side face for a long time, very familared of the current situation and quickly shut up. However, she was still brave enough to continue to carry the hand that was placed on her waist and said, "then the Seventh Lord continues your sleeping, I'll go to the kitchen to see Shuangqiao to look for something to eat."

Feeling her movement getting out of the bed, Gu Zifu reluctantly opened his eyes, his sudden actions has caused Su Qing who was about to get up paused for a moment.

"Seventh Lord?"

Gu Zifu raised his eyelids, kneading between his eyebrows and replied lazily, "En, not dead yet."

The word "dead" frequently hangs at the Seventh Lord's mouth, his words are really unpleasant to hear.

Su Qing lowered her head, quietly dissing him inside.

Speaking of this, she suddenly remembered what eunuch Changsheng said when he came to see her at Gu Family last time. Seeing Gu Zifu still in a confused look after just waking up, she asked softly, "Seventh Lord, I heard from the eunuch Changsheng that your body has injury, how come I didn't see you drink medicine?"

It seemed like the Seventh Lord returned to the capital because of his injury at the border and then he was promoted as the the North border general.

Gu Zifu was too lazy to answer her and insteady lay down ignoring her. He wanted to sleep but Su Qing didn't want to.

Hearing no response, she opened the quilt and ready to get up, lowering her head and happened to see her front clothes were opened apart, exposing her clavicle, the redness from shyness has spread from her face all the way to her earlobe, didn't have to care much, she hurriedly put on her coat with her bare feet and left the room after a simple tiny up. When she opened the door, she saw Chuntao was waiting outside, the moment she saw Su Qing she let out a sigh of relief.