Untitled Part 17

Chapter 17 – Learn to Write

Gu Zifu squinted his eyes, and smiled mildly. He them immediately called out, "Si Ting."

Si Ting who was busy outside, quickly put down the work in his hand and rushed over, "What instructions does Seventh Lord have?"

"Go to Wu Mozhai to buy some brushes, ink, and paper. Oh, by the way, go to the Ministry of Rite and ask when will they return the things they owe this Lord?"

Si Ting had some doubt in his heart, but when he looked up and saw the Seventh Lord glancing over at him, he quickly cleared up his mind and said, "Yes, this subordinate will go immediately." He then quickly left the room.

Why does he need to buy all those stuff for, aren't there a bunch of them in the study? In addition, going to buy them from Wu Mozhai, the place where to burn the money.

Hearing Si Ting's footsteps went further away, her heart became more anxious, and the snowy checks turned rosy red. There was a layer of dense sweat on the forehead, as she's biting her lip. She puffed up her soft cheeks and looked at Gu Zifu. Seemingly looking as if she's angry but her appearance was still very exquisite and pleasant. Unfortunately, the Seventh Lord is an ignorant psycho who fail to appreciate the beauty.

After pondering for a while, Su Qing glanced around the room, finally moved a stool and walked over. Putting her hands on her legs in very well-behavior as she sat in front of him.

"Seventh Lord, I want to talk reason with you."

With such a provocation gesture, Gu Zifu raised his eyebrows, and his gaze fell on Su Qing's red face, he then turned his head with a smirk and said, "Allow. Dare to talk reason with this lord, you are the first one."

Receiving his approval, Su Qing put on a soft voice and asked, "If I don't speak it well, will the Seventh Lord angry?"

Gu Zifu let out an "Oh" sound neither light nor heavy and then said, "It will depend on this lord's mood."

Hearing him said so, Su Qing breathed a sigh of relief and gathered her courage to say, "Seventh Lord, you are a general who has been on the battlefield, defending the foreign enemy with great merit. You were recognized by His Majesty, and being admired by officials and men, so should be equipped with a sword and a bow. The matter of practicing calligraphy and holding the sword to defend the country, it is like the great witch seeing the little witch, it can't compare to each other. Moreover, my handwriting is ugly, the person is also stupid. If the Seventh Lord spends time to teach me, how can I afford to hold up Seventh Lord's time?" After saying this much, she paused and took a quick gaze at Gu Zifu, she then quickly lowered her head and pinched the corner of her dress.

She wondered if the Seventh Lord listened, secretly thought to herself.

The quietness in the room made her more nervous. She got up, picked the teapot to fill the cup, and respectfully brought it to Gu Zifu, "I heard the palace maids said the items from Wu Mozhai are very expensive, just writing paper will require a lot of silver. I knew that Seventh Lord doesn't like Old Madam, and the expense in Gu Courtyard is separated from the Gu Mansion. It's better to save a little. It's tolerable in summer, but when winter comes, in need of using money to buy charcoal, fur, and food ..."

After saying this, Su Qing frowned slightly and her face wrinkled softly feeling distress. She wanted to say it for a long time, but never had a chance. Every Time she saw Shuangqiao made so much food, but Seventh Lord couldn't finish them, Su Qing felt heartache inside. There's a saying that money is hard to earn, why Seventh did not know how to be frugal.

When the previous emperor was young, so many officials's daughters were fascinated by his elegant demeanor, making a racket everyday wanted to enter the palace to be his concubine. Today, among many children from those noble woman, Su Yingruo is known as the number one beauty. Su Qing shared the same bloodline with her, also has an exceptional beauty. Especially the dazzling watery eyes, slightly blinking between her words and actions, incredibly beautiful making heartbeat just from looking at her. The corner of her lips are slightly moving exposing the cute little dimples when she talked.