Hide and Seek

"What?"

"Y-yes. . . The mist hashira, Tokito-sama h-has not yet returned. . ."

It has been a week since the renowned 'genius' had disappeared. Kagaya had thought the boy only had trouble looking for Tengen and let him be. But after days, he decided to call for the kakushi station in the mist pillar estate to ask of the boy had returned.

But to his dismay, not a single news from him could be heard.

It was making him agitated. He wanted to pull his hair out due to the frustration.

Nothing was going his way. . .and he doesn't know why.

.                                                               ..                                                               .

"Eek!"

"Shit! Didn't I tell you to be careful?!" F/n screamed out as he wiped the black ink off the table. Not wanting for it to stain.

"It wasn't my fault!" Y/n countered, crossing her arms as she held her brush.

Her glared at her from the corner of his eyes. "It was your fault! Don't you try say I'm wrong!" He fumed as he furiously wiped the wood that slowly turned black at his slow movement. The ink sticking into the brown wood slowly. "Ah fuck!"

"Hmph! But it wasn't! Did I tell you to hold it?!" Y/n argued back, pointing her long nail at him, frowning.

"Hah?!? I'm not always not busy, you idiot!" He grumbled, panting and groaning as he now sees the table having a black spot permanently stained.

Y/n glares at him, "Im not an idiot!"

"Yes you are!" He exclaims, not turning to her with irkmarks all over his face.

Later

"What are you doing? You're making such a mess" Amane scolds the two. Her hands folded as she glowered at them, clearly showing who's in charge at the house.

The two children, tears eyed stared at the ground as they whimpered under her sharp gaze.

"G-Gomene, Amane-sama!" F/n first stammered, bowing apologetically at the white haired woman.

"M-me too!" Y/n chimed in, bowing with the boy as sweat dripped down their face

Amane had just heard crashing from the demoness's room. Due to the late time, she immediately went to investigate on what had happened. To her surprise, once entering the room. The belongings and furniture of the demoness was thrown around. Everything was a mess.

The white haired mother hums in satisfaction and turned to leave, not before turning to them and looking them in the eyes, "Clean this mess up. F/n won't get his weekly payment and Y/n won't be able to go outside if you don't clean. So clean it up or else" she warns them and leaves quietly.

A moment of silence. . .

"I fucking told you to shut up earlier! Why didn't you listen?!" Y/n yells out, tugging her hair back.

F/n glares at the demoness, "Huh?! You were the one shouting all the time!"

By this time, they were both head butting the other, glaring into their eyes as veins began popping out in annoyance before F/n first back away.

Sighing, he shook his head. "Look, let's just clean. I don't wanna lose my money" he tells her as he began picking the stuff up.

Y/n huffed and only stood there silent. Still frowning and pouting before groaning and helping him with the chore.

.                                                               ..                                                               .

Light thumps could be barely heard in the Ubuyashiki's main house. The faint sound of something being dragged was also barely heard.

Giggles were whispered as a dark haired demoness tip toed through the halls followed by other scurrying feet in the house.

Shuffling of clothes and opens of doors and cupboards. Sounds of panting and giggling was all heard by the girl. Her lips tugged in a smirk as she prowled the dark home.

"Come out come out where ever you are~" she sang with her velvety voice. Her long silky black hair looked like a whip that flew in the wind due to how fluid she moved around.

Her smirk widening as she hears the giggles of the small girls in the room beside her. . . the information room. Her eyes glowed in the coincidence and smiles.

Her hand slips to the sliding door's handle and slides it open slowly. The smell of the papers and ink hits her nose as quickly as she came in.

"Oh how good children you are leading me here~" she thought and immediately looked around, looking for the children of both Kagaya and Amane.

Hearing a huff beside her, she giggles and immediately appeared under the table.

"Eek!" Nichika along with her twin sister, Hinaki shrieked I'm surprise, seeing the face of the demoness suddenly appearing infront of them.

"Haha! Found you two!" Y/n laughed at their surprised reactions, their eyes having fear just for a split second.

Hinaki pouts and crawls out from the table with her twin sister. "It's unfair, you're using your demon senses" she whined as she stumbled up.

The red eyes demoness only laughs at the whining of the oldest female daughter. "Don't be such a pouty, Hinaki. It's not my fault, you just suck at hiding" she teased, nudging the girl's side.

Nichika giggles and went back to twin's side. "Don't tease her, Y/n-san. She might get angry at you"

Y/n smiles and ruffles both of their white hair. "Ok ok, I won't. Let's just find your siblings" she tells the two who smiled.

"Hai" they answered.

They then start heading out the information room and before they could start searching for the others, Amane walks towards them.

"Y/n-san, can I please borrow my daughter's for a moment? Kagaya needs to have a change of clothes" Amane states, glancing at her daughter's whilst looking at Y/N's red eyes.

"O-ok! I'll just continue the game with the others" Y/n stammered, still remembering how scary Amane got yesterday.

Amane nods and turns to her two oldest daughters, "let's go" she says and trudged away with the two following close behind.

The two twin sisters smiles and waved as they walked away. Y/n smiled back and waved as well before turning and walking away.

.

.

.

.

Y/N's smirk appears as the three walked away. She knew where the others hid, all her attention was fixated at the single room just beside her.

"What a perfect coincidence this is. . .the only thing is. . .this is never a coincidence" she thought as she stared at door before huffing and walked away.

"Sorry Kagaya. . .but I'm not walking straight to your trap. . ."