twenty eight

i made this, kinda proud :)

The game was already at halftime and besides the fact that Alondra was faking her cheerful attitude and acting like she wasn't going to drag the captain by her scalp, Beverly hasn't made a single touchdown. The cheerleaders had done a short performance, and went back to resting against the fence. "Hey, bestie. I met your Beverly bestie." Serenity smiled, leaning over the fence to play with Alondra's face.  "I thought you were kidding when you said the team was bland."

"Eh. Have you heard from Shawn's mom yet?"

Serenity nodded and moved some hair out of Alondra's face.  "He's out of surgery and he's fine right now, but they have him sedated still to let his body rest."

"So he's good?"

"Yeah, they said if you weren't, he probably would've bled out on the street."  Serenity told her.  Alondra smiled at her as the buzzard echoed through the stadium, signifying the end of the halftime break.  "Go show the girlies how you're supposed to cheer."

The duo did their secret handshake as the band began to play and the players ran out. "I know an ugly bitched named Chris from Crenshaw isn't running onto the field right now." Alondra commented. Chris was walking past her and shook his head before grabbing her hand and dragging her with him to the players lined up. "Sir, where are we going?"

"Malibu stole every play, so they're borrowing some Crenshaw plays." Chris explained. "You and I know them best."

"I don't play them."

"No, but you helped Marcos create them, and ever since you did, Crenshaw has had a great football team." The two walked up to the team and Alondra looked at everyone with a sheepish smile. "She's helping, in case I mess up."

"Wait, Alo, you know football?" Billy asked.

Alondra just nodded with her pompoms at her side. "My brothers both played since they were little."

"And they created like half of the plays that Crenshaw uses." Spencer commented. Chris started explaining with drawings and he was doing good so far, so Spencer pulled her to the side. "How's Shawn?"

"He's stable and sleeping. The surgery went good." Spencer nodded, and even though he didn't really like Shawn, he was relieved. Plus Alondra was traumatized enough as it was. "Now, stop talking and pay attention. If you lose this game, I'm cutting off your toes."

Spencer smacked his lips and pushed Alondra away by her forehead. "You've been saying that since we were 6, shut your ass up."

Jordan came over and Alondra smiled up at him. "Throw post corner, Baker. Now, go kick some ass."

"What, no good luck kiss?"

Chris looked between the two of them and took several steps to the side. "If you lose the game, you won't get shit. Go away before I kick you." Jordan laughed and before he ran away and put his helmet on, he kissed her forehead.

With Jordan now gone, Chris shuffled back over to Alondra.  "You got a thing for quarterbacks or something?"

"Man, shut your ass up."  Alondra pushed Chris away and watched from the sidelines as Jordan called the play and threw it halfway across the field, confusing the entire Malibu team, to Spencer who caught it in the end zone. "Finally! Shit."  Alondra cheered.  "If you need me, I'll be over there."

With the new turn in the game, the Beverly band started playing music even louder than they already were, and as usual, the cheer team danced and cheered along to it.  Chris stood at the sidelines giving the team more plays to do in the last half of the game, and because of it, the team was quickly progressing and scoring more.  When there was eight seconds left of the game, the score was 14-14.  Those last eight seconds were extremely intense because the next team to make a touchdown was going to the playoffs.  Right now, the ball was Beverly's and seeing as how they haven't been in the playoffs for years, everyone in the stands was silent. 

When the whistle blew, the ball went into Jordan's hands and Alondra noticed that he tossed it over to Spencer before he took off running down the side of the field.  Everyone payed close attention as Spencer threw the ball down the field and broke out into cheers when Jordan caught it.  At that point, he was only about 5 yards away from the end zone, so once he pushed away one of the Malibu players by his helmet, the game was pretty much over.

Jordan made the touchdown before the time ended, and everybody on Beverly's side started cheering. The first time since Billy Baker became head coach, the team was going to the playoffs and the moment felt surreal to everyone, especially the team. Jordan celebrated for a moment as people slowly started to leave the stands and run out onto the field to congratulate the team. It started with the student section and then soon enough everybody's family was on the field.

"I made the winning touchdown. Can I get that kiss now?"

Alondra sighed and disappointment and shook her head. "I guess so." Jordan didn't need to hear anymore and immediately grabbed her face with both of his hands and lean down to place his lips onto hers. "I'm proud of you, Baker."

"I couldn't do it without my number one fan."

"Your mom?"

"No, you, dummy."

Alondra took mock offense at his response and punched him in the arm, the part that wasn't blocked by the football gear.  "I will lay your ass out on this field right now."

"Shut up."  Jordan shook his head once more and threw his arm over Alondra's shoulder.  "So do I get more than a kiss for winning."

"You want another hug or some shit?"  Alondra tilted her head up to look at Jordan and they kept walking while he looked down at her blankly.  "A pizza and a hug?"  Jordan remained silent and Alondra let out a groan.  "Two pizzas and a hug."

"I hate you, I hope you know that."

Alondra smiled and slowly started freeing herself from his hold to go get her bags.  "That's not what you were saying last night."

college is doodoo 😔💩 i gotta go take like 3 quizzes now pero los amo 🙄💖

60 VOTES FOR NEXT CHAPTER‼️